Propoxy-N/APAP - aka Darvocet!

Old 06-08-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Propoxy-N/APAP - aka Darvocet!

My Friends!

well...not the best weekend in the world! spent Saturday night in the ER with severe pains in my abdoman .... turns out I have Gallstones... and have to have surgery.... I am in the process of finding a surgery... but until I have the surgery... they have given me Propoxy-N/APAP - aka Darvocet to manage the pain. I am a recovering alcoholic... and am kind of concerned about what I have read about this drug..... not sure if I should take it.... but on the flip side... the pain from this could get to where it was on saturday night and that's to "UNBEARABLE" .... i NEED ADVICE FROM MY SR FRIENDS!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

libbi... thank you so much for reaching out to me! I know from the program that we have to do the "next" right thing.... I am no hero... and don't do well with severe pain.... If I need it "for the pain" and only for the pain... I will take it....otherwise.... I pray and ask for help so that I can leave it alone!

I am in the process of finding a surgeon... so hopefully this will become a "non" issue and I can flush those pills down the toliet... but until such time!! Meetings, 12 step work, asking for help and using all those tools that have been given to me!

be well and I hope things get easier for you.

Godspeed, Linda
Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was in the ER on Saturday night, too. I stayed for 3 days. I had to have a bit of pain medication and it went well. I was apprehensive about it, but, I had to have it. Thank God I am not in any pain now and I don't even need Tylenol!
You can get through this!