Less Stress

Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Less Stress

The stress you experience is not caused by the things that happen around you. Your stress comes from the way you react to those things that happen.

To experience less stress, you do not need to undertake some grand project that will change the world around you. It is simply a matter of observing and adjusting the way you respond to life.

The things that really upset you are able to get to you because you allow them to do so. You may not be able to stop them from happening, yet you can absolutely choose not to obsess over them.

Yes, your stress may indeed be telling you that you need to take some action or another. Yet after you receive the message, there is no need to continue holding on to the stress.

Reducing your stress is as easy as re-directing the focus of your thoughts. The more you practice doing it, the more quickly and naturally it comes.

The thoughts you choose to hold in your mind will determine the amount of stress you have. So choose to leave the stress behind, and put your energy into positive, fulfilling pursuits.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-06-2005, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The thoughts you choose to hold in your mind will determine the amount of stress you have. So choose to leave the stress behind, and put your energy into positive, fulfilling pursuits.
When things bother me or stress me out, my tendency is to obsess about them which only gives them more power than they deserve. If it's something emotional, then I take time to feel sad, or angry, or disappointed but I just don't hang out there too long.

The best thing for me is to get out of myself for a while, take a walk on the beach, bury myself in a book that will take my mind somewhere else, listen to some good music, or anything that will occupy my mind with better things.

And while I am doing that, I make a conscious effort to think positive thoughts, gratitude is a good start, or recall good memories and relive them for a while.

My mind cannot process negative thoughts and positive thoughts at the same time, so the more I think positive the healthier I become.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

This is really, really good Ann! Thanks for the reminders and insight!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann

The best thing for me is to get out of myself for a while, take a walk on the beach, bury myself in a book that will take my mind somewhere else, listen to some good music, or anything that will occupy my mind with better things.
Nice post Ann.Good music does a lot for me.