# 62 (permalink)  
To Life!

Eddie; I'm leaving RI in 2 hours!!!
Yee Haw!!!
L'Chaim!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I about to leave in just a couple of minutes!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-24-2005, 04:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Have An Awesome Time Everyone!

I have to tell you that I still have a few more dreams for SR...one of them being a retreat/round-up/convention in Palm Springs with speakers and workshops and fun. Heavy on the fun. I feel absolute Joy knowing that you are going to be with each other this weekend...

Make it a great weekend-be good to each other, and yourselves.

Don't forget...Heavy on the Fun!
Old 06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Jon,
With out you and your site, this wouldn't be happening.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jon
I have to tell you that I still have a few more dreams for SR...one of them being a retreat/round-up/convention in Palm Springs with speakers and workshops and fun. Heavy on the fun. I feel absolute Joy knowing that you are going to be with each other this weekend...

Lets make it happen Jon.2nd annual SR round-up summer '06.Palm Springs,California.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
To Life!

Round Up Report; Day 1

Originally Posted by Jon

I'm planning for next year's Round Up in Palm Springs already, Jon. You get the speakers lined up; I'll get the tees, hats, golf shirts whatever we want; and we'll start a sign up earlier for next year so that more people can join!

**** met me at the bus yesterday, although it came in an hour late! He took me all over the city! The WTC; the shore; so much my mind is confused. We had lunch at a place where George Washington said his last farewell to the troops following the Revolutionary War! (Ok, only of interest to the history teach, LOL! ) There are vista and oasis' all over the city! It's beautiful!
And this was all before the other's got here!!!

Mike came early. He stayed with us last night; yea, three women and him!!! We had fun - not THAT kind of fun though!!! (I don't think you eant that when you said "heavy on the fun, did you Jon? Good thing!!! )
Eddie didn't get in till late; her train was held back @ 4 hours. Laurie couldn't make it afterall; we miss her terribly! But, the next morning, we're at it again!

It's amazing. I was getting really nervous the night before and the morning of my departure. The only thing that REALLY got me here was the Tees! (Service really DOES work; it keeps us coming!!!) I had to deliver them!
I will be mailing the others come Monday, when I'm back at home. I think I have everyone's address now; if not, I'll let you know. I know I need Laurie's and Jewelz, (if she doesn't end up coming!)
Anyway, I digress....what else is new...
I am sooooo thrilled at being here, and meeting these awesome people!!! Bill has been fantastic, meeting all of us as we arived at "his" city, (and he didn't close it down!!! LOL! ) Everyone is so nice! We went to the mustard seed meeting yesterday; will go to another today. We are planing the candle light vigil tonight at dusk in honor of the 5th anniversary of Mike's fiance's death. This is his first year away from home since her death, and I feel quite honored to be a part of this very tender moment in his life.
We will be going to Strawberry Fields in Central Park today; have our own meeting there at the memorial to John Lennon. IMAGINE.
Bottom line; I'm so glad I didn't let my fear distract me, and prevent me from attending. If I had, I would have missed out on this miracle!!!

I wish every single one of you were here today at the 1st Annual Sober Recovery Round Up here in NYC. It's a spiritual, physical and emotional experience.

NEXT YEAR IN PALM SPRINGS!!!

Jon; a special thanks and (((((hugs))))) to you. Without your vision, this miracle could not have happened....

L'Chaim, my friends!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Teach, my :nose is burning.

I'll see you next year in CA.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This is all so very cool. I am proud of all of you for making this happen for yourselves. Hope all of you continue to have a great time and travel safe!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
To Life!

Pony;
I can't tell you how awesome it's been and still is!!!
I'm pooped right now; will post more later...
But, a blessing it truely is.
Shalom!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Wow... this really is such a cool happening...
IMAGINE.... YES

Palm Springs or BUST!!!!