Elder's Meditation - June 5

Old 06-05-2005, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - June 5

"It is not through the great skill of the hunter himself that success is achieved, but through the hunter's awareness of his place in Creation and his relationship to all things."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

If only the human being could understand the power of proper relationships, the need for power and control could be abandoned. It's not what is going on that matters, but how we look at what is going on. It's our relationship to it that counts. Nothing in the world has any meaning except the meaning we give to it. To be more effective at this, we need to consider our relationship with the Creator. Our relationship to the Great Spirit determines how we will perceive the meanings we put to places, people, institutions and things. We need to let the Creator tell us and guide our thoughts about these relationships. Any relationship that we have that is causing problems means we need to pray for a new point of view.

Creator, let me see the world and the people through your eyes.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats a good one Ann.Thanks.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I liked this one too Mike.

Any relationship that we have that is causing problems means we need to pray for a new point of view.
As a codie, this particularly caught my eye. My program has taught me how to choose healthy relationships and how to keep my relationships healthy, but really it's about my relationships with everything in my life, not just people I care about.

And if I keep my spiritual batteries charged, I will be abe too see things more clearly and recognize what is disturbing me.

Hugs
Ann