My recovery journey

Old 05-15-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My recovery journey

I want to share some of my recovery journey with you all (with the help of Dangerous Dan - thank you!).

I first joined SR a year ago yesterday. The changes in my life have been taking place at whirlwind pace and I am loving (almost!) every minute of them. Alongside SR, al-anon and counselling, an important part of my healing has taken place on my family's boat. My Dad bought her a year ago near where I was living at the time. She was in need of some work, but it was really only cosmetic improvements and a few technical upgrades needed here and there.

When I needed somewhere for peace and quiet when things got to fraught with my ex A, I could go and spend a few hours sanding woodwork or polishing metal. I spent many weekends bonding with my family whilst working on her. And at last she is in her new home port. A few weeks ago we sailed her from Harwich on the east coast of England, to Plymouth in the south west. Then last week, Mum, Dad and I sailed from Plymouth to Holyhead in north Wales. She looked after us beautifully, especially when we had 2 days and 2 nights solid at sea. So she is home now, just like I am now that I've moved back to Yorkshire.

After some intensive work, we are both now ready for the next part of our journey.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Minnie

I can see the great British weather in your pictures, lol. Hope you enjoy Yorkshire.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, that looks beautiful, Minnie. I love the water and haven't sailed since I was a young child, but I remember the great feeling and how free it felt.

Thank you for sharing your recovery with all of us, and happy Postiversary (as Smoke used to call it).

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-10-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow Minnie thats looks incredible!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Minnie, What a wonderful and encouraging story. You are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing and a great picture. Don W
Old 10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Wow, I thought Andy was back!!!
Just some normal confusion on my part...
Becky