Your talent

Old 05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Your talent

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent.
--Erica Jong

How easy it is to look at others with envy, certain that everyone we know is better in every way: school, sports, games, appearance. What we may not know is that each of us is exactly right the way we are. And what's more, no one of us is without talent. Perhaps we simply have not discovered it yet, or maybe we've been certain we knew what the talent should be, rather than letting the talent within us emerge.

It's reassuring to know that we are talented, that we are special just as we are, that no one else is able to bring to this life exactly the same ingredients that we're able to bring.

What special talent shall I exercise today?

Old 05-03-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I missed this earlier, Doug but it hit home with me. I spent much of my life wishing I were as good as, as pretty as, as rich as, as artisticly talented as...other people.

Recovery has taught me to find the better person inside of me, and I like that person as imperfect as she may be. Truthfully, if I had the choice I would not trade places with anyone else today. My life may be strange and may have it's ups and downs, but it is unique and it is all mine.

Today I am happy just to be me. Thanks for this reminder.

Hugs
Ann