Todays thought! - Change

Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays thought! - Change

Today's thought is:

Change is the law of life.
-- John F. Kennedy

Little steps and small changes are what big changes are made of. Learning to be good to ourselves is a process that begins with a willing attitude and one small change.

We usually get discouraged and sabotage our lives. If we don't like reading, we might begin with one page a day. Perhaps our diets are full of junk food and lack fruits and vegetables. We can add health to our meals by drinking a glass of orange juice each morning. Having fourteen people we intensely dislike, we begin by being able to forgive one of the fourteen. We cannot change our lives overnight, but we can change.

A willingness to do one small thing each day will add up to big changes in time.

Today let me be willing to take one area of life and change something about it.

You are reading from the book:

Our Best Days by Nancy Hull-Mast
Old 04-11-2005, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I needed to read this today...thank you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Detrermined to quit

Same here. Help and encouragement are the other sides to recovery, as I have found out today.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender View Post
We cannot change our lives overnight, but we can change.
As an "All-Or-Nothing" perfectionist, this is a hurdle for me. I want the perfect life and I want it now. And if I can't achieve that, then screw it all!

Thanks. I'm going to steal this for my sig line because it's exactly what I'm struggling with right now.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

john kenndy also said ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country and so i soppose i can concieve that not ask what i can do for my recovery in changing but in essence what i can do for me one day at a time to just simply learn that lihe is full of beauty and satisfation in positive ways to live does this make any since dandar
Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's awesome, thanks for that.

Shawn
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for that T2.

This thread started at an ideal time for me.
Change is scary, but we need to live with it, and grow from it for our well being.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

So true, self-improvement for me is gradual process. Little by little I make the changes in my life that will have a lasting meaning.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

ohhhh yeah,

it's all good when we're not just pullin' out weeds but also planting flowers and what not, sharing back and forth among our Brethren. loving others isn't rocket science, and we're all loving the right way when life can get just that much better for eveyone who wants it, friend and foe alike. the only thing worse than havin' all the lights out is not knowing where the friggin' switch is hiding.

yup, we know its always been a good day by going to bed sober and waking up clean. rinse and repeat. LOL

RR
Old 09-14-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow, you dug up an old one. LOL
Old 09-14-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Excellent...ty
Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you Mikey!! As always you've stated something I already knew but needed to hear again. I cannot thank you enough for constantly encouraging me and everyone else here. You have a powerful impact and I thank you for it.

I credit much of my staying sober to you and the others here who always have something positive and helpful to say. Don't mean to get all 'weepy' but I love ya man, as I love all my friends here. I can't help getting teary-eyed when I consider the love and support shown here and how much it's helped me. One of the wonderful things about getting and staying sober is that I can now extend my hand to others struggling as I was, so I can 'pay it forward' in gratitude for the help given to me.

I am so happily indebted to my friends here!

:ghug
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you, I needed to read this also
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

time to surrender----Little steps and small changes are what big changes are made of
thanks t2s, i can overwhelm myself by thinking how much needs to be done instead of just doing something small to get started. most things are much tougher in my head then they really are. my sponser told me to clean just a small part of my room each day and soon the whole room would be clean. he told me on writing step 4, 15 minutes a night and it will get done. it works:ghug2