A new order

Old 04-10-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

A new order

Chaos demands to be recognized and experienced before letting itself be converted into a new order.
--Hermann Hesse

The forces of chaos and forces of order are always at work in the world. While many things are being built up, many are wearing down. It is a good thing, because life would be very boring in an unchanging state. But the chaos we met in our lives was often extreme and unusually destructive. We had to recognize it and feel the pain of it before we could build a new order. Looking back we can see that our First Step was just such an event.

All people have small chaotic events in their lives every day. If we take a moment and reflect on our present lives, we can certainly become aware of some ways in which things are in disarray. By simply letting ourselves know it in this moment, we get ready for the new order to begin.

I pray for courage and honesty to see the chaos which exists today. Help me become ready for the new order to evolve.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

But the chaos we met in our lives was often extreme and unusually destructive. We had to recognize it and feel the pain of it before we could build a new order. Looking back we can see that our First Step was just such an event.
So many times when I cannot find an answer, the answer for me is to return to my Step 1 and surrender the thought that I have any power over what life hands me, and begin once again to find my faith and rely on my Higher Power.

Hugs
Ann
Old 04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Amen and Amen.

It really IS that simple. I get stressed out when I try to make it any more complicated.