Todays thought! - Disappointment and Frustration

Old 04-08-2005, 03:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays thought! - Disappointment and Frustration

Today's thought is:

Disappointment and Frustration

Many of us, whether we are conscious of it or not, create much of the unhappiness we experience. Our disappointments are the result of our own negative or limited thoughts about ourselves and our world. What are some of those limiting thoughts, those subconscious beliefs, which keep us from experiencing joy and wholeness?

One of those beliefs is that we cannot be fulfilled unless we are loved and accepted by those who are the victims of our past experiences, that we are too old or too set in our ways to change. Still another false idea is, It's a catastrophe if things dont go my way! Then, too, there's the self-defeating attitude that to love is to lose, so I'd better prepare for the worst to happen because it will. Two more irrational beliefs are, I have no control over my happiness and I want life to be easy and without hassles; therefore, I'll avoid discomfort or any new commitments.

TODAY I will see each disappointment in my life as a challenge to discover the negative or limited beliefs which keep me from seeing myself as a person of unlimited resources and potential.

You are reading from the book:

The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes
Old 04-08-2005, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's nice, I needed to read that. I have been working on my 4th Step and it's really hard not to get disgusted with myself or my situations. I read somewhere that our troubles are of our own making. Somehow I have made a decission based on self that put me in a position to later be hurt (or something like that). It is very hard for me to think positive throughout my day but I know if I can change my perception of things that are bothering me I can be a much happier person. My self hatred runs deep and it seems to be a hard thing to do. I will keep trying.