Todays thought! - Love

Old 03-14-2005, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays thought! - Love

Today's thought is:

Love cures people--both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.
--Karl Menninger

Receiving a loving hug from a parent or perhaps a smile from a friend or even a stranger gives us a special feeling inside. We know we are important to others when they show us their love through attention. And we sometimes forget that we matter to others. Family members and friends feel good in the same way when we show them our love. Everyone needs to be loved.

How can we show our love? Must it be through a hug? Doing a favor for someone is loving. Helping around the house or the yard is loving, particularly when we've volunteered our help. Giving an unexpected gift to a friend is a way of showing love. Showing others we care, even when they are angry, is perhaps the nicest of all expressions of love.

What new way can I show someone I care today?

You are reading from the book:

Today's Gift by Anonymous
Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I grew up in a home where love was assumed, and indeed existed, but loving gestures were rarely made. The hugs, kisses, special gestures and kindnesses were missing somewhere. Stiff upper lip Anglo or what I call today, Anglo-anal, where emotions were hardly expressed, feelings were never discussed, and we all just toughed it through the day.

Today it is important to me to show love and to express my feelings, and it is important to me that those I love be willing to talk about emotions and feelings with me.

It took me too many years to identify my feelings and discover who I really was, and I have no intention of stuffing that stranger called "me" back in the box. And I no longer play that family favourite game called "guess how I feel" with myself or with others.

What new way can I show someone I care today?
I can tell them. A new concept in my family.

Hugs
Ann