Forgiveness

Old 03-12-2005, 01:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Forgiveness

I feel this story has great merit in how we should treat others. A lesson for us all. As the last line says...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

A little boy visited his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with in the woods. He practiced, but couldn't hit the target. Getting discouraged, he headed back to dinner. As he walked back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the woodpile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.
After lunch that day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."
But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing.Grandma said, "I'm sorry, but I need Sally to help make supper."
Sally smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help." She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.
After several days of Johnny doing his chores and Sally's, he could stand it no longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt beside Johnny and said, "I know. I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. Because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you."
Thought for the day: Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done that the enemy throws in your face (lying, debt, fear, hatred, anger,unforgiveness, bitterness, etc.), whatever it is, Jesus Christ was standing at the window and saw the whole thing.
He wants you to know He loves you and that you are forgiven. He wonders how long you will let the enemy make a slave of you.
Remember, God not only forgives you, He forgets.
Make the difference in someone's life today. Share this with a family member or friend.
Jesus is at the window.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
Old 03-12-2005, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for a beautiful post, Best. The "enemy" in my case, is myself. I sometimes have trouble forgiving myself, but if the lesson has been learned and amends have been made, then I no longer carry guilt as my scarlett letter.

Hugs
Ann