Todays thought! - Personal Inventory

Old 03-10-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays thought! - Personal Inventory

Today's thought is:

So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers

It is a challenge to live in the present, but Step Ten gives us a way to do just that. It is a maintenance step, a way to stay true to ourselves. As we continue to take inventory of our attitudes and behavior, we find ourselves growing in self-acceptance and self-love. In the past, the last thing we wanted to do was be honest. Now, possessing serenity and faith, we can see that our shortcomings are only that: shortcomings. They are part of who we are, and every part of ourselves is important.

Taking a personal inventory is not a way to sit in judgment of ourselves. Rather, it enables us to examine our behavior with honesty and gentleness. It is an affirmation that growth is a process; we do it throughout our lives. Taking time for a personal inventory is a way to say that our needs are important, our good points are important, and our character defects are important. We are whole people, lovable just as we are.

I will take time for an inventory today. I will admit my wrongs, give myself credit for my accomplishments, and give the day to God with gratitude.

You are reading from the book:

Answers in the Heart by Anonymous

Continue to spread your wings!- E. Bunny
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
butterfly egg.bmp (2.6 KB, 761 views)
Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lar

reminds me of giving ourselves grace. and self-talk. i am more use to being gracious to myself these days, but at the beginning i was shocked at how hard i was on myself without even realizing it!--barb