Ann
Nature Girl

Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.
--Emily Dickinson

We often hum and sing to ourselves because it makes us feel content. It is the melody itself that makes us feel good--words and thoughts do not matter.

Having hope for ourselves and for our universe is like having a melody always moving inside us. The melody may be calm or exciting, but most of all it brings with it beauty and a sense of peace. Hope can overcome the need for words and thoughts and promises. Hope is the melody that keeps us going, the hum that continues even when there are no words to the song. Hope is not a melody we think about--it must come when we believe in the goodness of our world. If we have faith in a power greater than ourselves, we will be able to find the melody of hope inside us at all times.

What is my hope for today?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If we have faith in a power greater than ourselves, we will be able to find the melody of hope inside us at all times.
What is my hope for today?
Hope is my heart connecting with a power greater than myself, and keeps me going when my eyes cannot see the road ahead. Hope is the light that keeps the darkness away, and hope is what allows me to trust that God watches over me and my son.

Hugs
Ann