Drinking and guilt any advice?

Old 03-08-2005, 12:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Drinking and guilt any advice?

Does the guilt of what you did while drinking or just the drinking ever go away. Last night I sent out a bunch of drunken e-mails....I think I was mean in some of them. I just feel terrible about it. Im in a huge black hole and it seems like i'll never climb out of it. I just don't think i'll ever have inner peace again. I does not seem like I can move past my drinking days.....any advice??
Old 03-08-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

The guilt stops when we stop doing the things that bring the guilt around.
There is help, support, and hope. People stop and find the sober life every day.
A desire to stop is the first step to a better tomorrow.
You can look in the yellowpages and find a AA meeting in your area. They will give you the support and info you may need to find that sober is better.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took a long time for my guilt to stop and after 4 1/2 years I still feel it occasionally. I came to realize early on in sobriety that I had to get a grip on the guilt and shame because it was directly driving me back to drinking again and again. Becoming sober and staying sober and living a responsible life are the best things you can do for the guilt.

Love, Anna
Old 03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Guilt and shame are both negative emotions try turn it around decide to be positive do something about it keep on trying to stop drinking and be proud for ever sober moment. I wish you peace of mind sobriety and contment.

much love indigo
Old 03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

acceptance,forgivness and love.

but first things first.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

An easy lesson

This really is an easy lesson to learn. When ever you feel trapped by your gilt, of having treated someone poorly, all you have to do is to do something nice or helpful for someone who’s down or needs your help; even a stranger. This method is guaranteed to alleviate your suffering. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Old 03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fletch,

You have a lot of support here, and you can also get a lot more at a recovery meeting. Stay connected. Know that we care about you!

ChrisMan
Old 03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Fletch,
I understand the feelings of guilt about deplorable things done while in a drunken state.
Im in a huge black hole and it seems like i'll never climb out of it.
I just don't think i'll ever have inner peace again. I does not seem like I can move past my drinking days.
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you not move past your drinking day memories too soon. I know from my own experience that I don't ever want to forget where I've been with alcohol abuse because it reminds me that I never want to go there again. Inner peace will return as you continue working on your recovery. That peace arrives at different times for all of us, so don't despair. Stay strong!
Val