Whaddayathink???

Old 02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

hope everythign turned out already and you aren't having to stress about a decision.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey,Teach!

I'm a little late coming in here, but I have to say that if it were me, I'd do whatever seems neccesary. It may be radical, that much is true. It may invade his privacy, that much is true. It also may help turn him in a different direction. As a parent, I KNOW against all logic that I would do whatever felt neccesary and right in my heart to help any of my children. if you truly believe this could help..you know your son better than nay of us here, so only you can deem best how he may respond.

My last thought would be don't go into this with any expectations...only hope.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I watch A&E quite frequently. I enjoy the majority of their programming because it isn't sensationalized , it is informative.
Is this the right step for you ? I don't know .Is it the right step for your son ? I don't know.
Just my personal feelings - just my point of view - just my guide I use in making life's decisions.
God helps those who help themselves. He puts the answers there - it is in our hands what we do with them.
I think at the very least I would speak more with the producers and go with my gut .
There is also another way to see it as well - what have you got to lose ?
And what is the worst that will happen ?
If it is worth the worst , then why not ?
I also think about if I can't help the one I love , will it help someone else ?
I wish they would talk more about drug addiction .I wish they would show it isn't just trash that is succumbing to the disease.
Why not show how wide spread it is ? Why not show this is not just a ghetto problem - it affects all walks of life , all ages , man , woman , child.
Maybe if they did , maybe just maybe I wouldn't be here , you wouldn't be here , maybe a lot of people wouldn't be here .
Maybe just maybe it could have been prevented .
Instead of us all going through our own private hell.
Good luck with whatever choice you make - I'll be praying for you .