Solutions

Old 01-15-2005, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Solutions

What secrets can I share today?
--Marion Weinstein

A girl named Iris was tormented by the boys at school. Whenever she walked by they would make rude noises. Sometimes, when no one was looking, they would block her way and not let her go home. She was too inexperienced at taking care of herself to realize that believing she couldn't do anything made it true. Feeling helpless kept her from thinking about what she might do.

One day she got so scared that she told her best friend what was happening. Together they began to think of all sorts of things she could do. Knowing she could do something took away the helpless feeling, and the boys noticed and stopped teasing her. It wasn't fun for them anymore.

We often feel helpless in situations that seem too much for us to handle. In fact, help is always available--through friends and family, and through God, who helps us see how we can help ourselves. All we have to do is stop being distracted by that helpless feeling and ask for what we need.

Can I see the many solutions to my problems today?

Old 01-15-2005, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Like Iris, I can spend too much time fretting about the problem, when my energy could be better spent working out a solution.

Thanks for the reminder, Doug.

Hugs
Ann