Today's thought

Old 01-10-2005, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's thought

Today's thought is:

"It was the hardest two years of my life," a woman said. "So many painful, unexpected events happened. I felt so abandoned, so lost. I didn't understand what was happening, and I felt tortured by God and life. I didn't think it would ever end. But it did. Now I can look back on that time and say, Wow. Look at all I learned. There's nothing that life can bring my way that I can't handle and get through."

She learned self-confidence. But whether she's conscious of it or not, this woman is beginning to learn the value of trusting the process.

Application:
Sometimes we don't know what we're learning, or whether we're learning anything at all. It's easy to look back on a situation once it has worked itself out and be in awe of the process and all that we learned. The time we most need to trust the journey is when it looks like we can't.

You are reading from the book:

52 Weeks of Conscious Contact by Melody Beattie
Old 01-10-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I didn't think it would ever end. But it did. Now I can look back on that time and say, Wow. Look at all I learned. There's nothing that life can bring my way that I can't handle and get through."
I think that my greatest growth in this program has come at the most difficult of times. Those were the times I was forced to work what I knew, draw on past experience, and open my heart and my mind to new options, if I was to survive. Those were the times that my faith came through and I could trust what others who went before me said.

Each experience gave me new tools and new strength to keep going.

Hugs
Ann