Pets

Old 01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Put bells on his collar, Eddie. Toby went through a terrible spell and even brought a live squirrel in the house. I loaded him up with bells and aside from the odd mouse (that stays at the door, thank you), he doesn't get lucky anymore.

Phinny, he not only KNOWS he's famous, he struts and reminds me constantly and knows exactly how to play anyone who comes to visit.

Glad you like him ladies. I'll be dropping in more often with the "baby" pics.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

oops - had many of those growing up. the only presents i get now are big slimy hairballs underfoot
Old 01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
No expectations!

He doesn't have a collar actually. We don't have a pet door and we had to quit leaving the window open, so now we don't have to worry about him bringing critters in. He can do whatever he wants outside.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, somebody stop me pleeeease!! Now that I have my new fancy dancy camera, I'm chasing Toby around catching him in action
Old 01-05-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And another...
Old 01-05-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

ann - that's a lovely cat water bowl toby has! LOL

keep clicking away - love them!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yes, Ann, keep them coming!! We keep our toilets closed because of the cleaning chemicals, so Marcel usually goes to the bathtub faucet to try to catch drips. By the way, he is all better now. Whew!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-06-2006, 05:12 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

who's a pretty boy then?

Not drinking means I'm awake at 5am most mornings to drive Bob to where his breakfast hangs out.

Deg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
torrence_kill2.jpg (25.0 KB, 619 views)
Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Originally Posted by unspunanddone

Here's my ****...........heee heeee heee.......... I never get tired of that one........ hee hee heeee, (why did this thing plank out ****? I'm talking about my rooster!!)
I live in the wild wild outdoors.... over the past few months my whole flock of chickens has been eaten by some type of predator or another.... Darwinism at work.... well my rooster is the last surviving member of the clan, and he decided that my yard held too many bad memories and hidden dangers. he decided to try his luck with a geographical change. I haven't seen him for a few weeks. I know he is safe because in the early morning hours I can hear his coc-a-doodle-doo somewhere in the dense forest surrounding my house. I wish for his return. I even got all the supplies to make him a safe chicken coop, but I can't talk to him and tell him it's gonna be OK... praying for the safe return of Mr Cockers
Old 01-06-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Degader, Bob is a handsome bird. Does he only eat from the wild? Or can you buy "Bob Food" for the days you don't want to go out?

And Unspun...Your ahem, rooster, is also very beautiful and I hope he comes home soon. What if you got him some new chicks to strut with? I think he's just lonely and looking for romance.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Beautiful birds, Deg. and unspun!! I actually saw a raptor with some smaller bird in its talons when I was at work a little while back. I did NOT enjoy the sight, however. And the sound was horrible. But I guess that IS Darwinism at work. unspun, I hope your rooster comes back.

Our neighbors had a rooster for a while that was living on our porch swing. We enjoyed the crowing but not the mess he made. I have some pictures of him on my film camera that I'll share once I get them processed. 'Til then you'll have to put up with the cats and dogs.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-07-2006, 02:22 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

It might sound a bit odd, but being a vegitarian myself I don't like buying meat - I've got a freezer with stuff in for emergencies and a bit of variety;day-old-chics go down well; (or a special hatchday treat of course) but I try and survive on what we catch ourselves if possible. A 3 pound rabbit or a fat pheasant goes a long way and it's not unusual to come back home empty handed.

You're right eddie - it's a bit of a gorey spectacle - but it is totally natural, nothing less cruel than what those lovely soft cute moggies do to the local mice or rat population.

The killing thing doesn't sit easy with me - but Bob insists it's ok, and I should shut up about it.

Deg.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Oh, my moggy Marcel kills birds, too. I suppose I should be used to it by now. "Moggy" isn't a term we use here, of course, but we did name a kitten Moggy once. My mom has her now, but she doesn't kill anything 'cause she's an indoor kitty exclusively and there don't seem to be any mice in the house.

Exactly what variety of raptor is Bob?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-07-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Exactly what variety of raptor is Bob?
He's a Harris Hawk. I know that , but he thinks he's a Labrador

Deg.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
No expectations!

That's what I thought he looked like. I've seen one in the raptor show at our nearby zoo. They are gorgeous creatures. It's OK he thinks he's a Lab; my Lab thinks she's a tennis player. LOL. Are Harris hawks native to the Isles, or is he imported?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-07-2006, 05:43 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

They're South African in origin I think, might be South American, but definately not South Yorkshire. There are quite a few breeders here now and they do OK in the chilly UK climate - not too keen on frost and snow like the true hawks or falcons though.

They're beautiful to watch - not too big in the brains department - but an absolutely awsome demonstration of evolution. These guys, are the dinosaurs, and all the brains in the world can't compete with millions of years of practice.

I know a guy who's trained a falcon to catch tennis balls - great fun to watch. You get a tennis ball - wrap it in bacon, and whack it. LOL
Old 01-07-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Originally Posted by degadar
He's a Harris Hawk. I know that , but he thinks he's a Labrador

Deg.
LOL... My parakeets think they are Harris Hawks.... they completely terrorize my daughters from the sky... HAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by degadar
I know a guy who's trained a falcon to catch tennis balls - great fun to watch. You get a tennis ball - wrap it in bacon, and whack it.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Toby's favourite TV show....and YES he truly does love watching any of the "nature" shows...honest and cross my heart...

Today's show was about tree squirrels and groundhogs...Toby loved these...

Old 01-12-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Wonderful snapshots, Ann!! They cracked me up.

Love and hugs,
Eddie