Pets

Old 01-12-2005, 02:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

If you look very carefully you can see our spaniel, white shepherd and one of our bichons outside our house.

indigo
Old 01-12-2005, 02:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My youngest bichon with my grandaughter Lou last summer.

indigo
Old 01-16-2005, 01:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What a lovely lot of pets you all have . many of you know "Spotted" ( sometimes known as " Oreo" lol

Spotted is my little sobriety tool. I had just had my dog of 20 years put down , just before I got sober.

he is a minature fox terrier, with ATTITUDE! lol

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-16-2005, 01:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cool,thanks for sharing Lee and Indigo.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cool picture, Aries.

Don't have pets right now, but grew up with pets. Love animals. Have to dig out old pictures of pets.

This thread is soooo cool! The animals are so cute!!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

This is Kobe, my 3 yr old Boarder Collie mix...he is everything to me. I rescued him when he was 5 months old from a shelter. He had been thrown from a car! It took us months for him to trust humans....he has just started to go for rides for more than 15 minutes without throwing up.

I hope I attached this right.....it looks distorted?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
kobesr.jpg (22.9 KB, 813 views)
Old 01-16-2005, 05:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My cat Mollie is no longer with us, but the day I lost my job due to diverting pills from the hospital I worked at, she just came and snuggled with me, she knew I was upset. She barely left my side for more than a few minutes at a time.
Today, 6 years later, I have Abby, Bailey and Charlie, ( who looks like the kitty under my sign on name). They are my babies and so funny.
Dawn
Old 01-16-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Brightt Eyess

Unfortunalty I dont have my pet's pic's on the comp,although I have a huge photo album w/ them.

I have a dog & cat.My dog's name is Rambo & he is a miniature pinsher-the best dog I have ever had.My cat's name is Boushie and she is a beautiful Tabby.Shes my little girl

I always tell my Mother "If we didnt have these two little kids,I would go insane!"...They always put a smile on my face when I am feeling down.Theyre both like my little children who keep my sane :tongue2:
Old 01-16-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Here are both of my boys. Bailey, on the left, has saved my life several times when I had nothing else to live for. We have an amazing spiritual connection. The puppy, Boo, is my light and my love. He is all mouth.

jojo
Old 01-16-2005, 09:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

the center of my world...!

Old 01-16-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I bite.

I have a ferret named Cassie. She is fun to play with.

Maybe I can take a pic of her.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Meet Biscuit our white shepherd
indigo
Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Here is our Welsh springer Skippy

indigo
Old 01-17-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I said I could keep this thread going! our caniche Sparky!

indigo
Old 01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

A few of my outdoor fish.
Attached Images
Fish.JPG (21.8 KB, 804 views)
Old 01-21-2005, 01:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

More photo's of Bo

Old 01-21-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

What a great selection of pets. Like I said our dog MacKenzie was rescued off the streets of Porto Roco by a group called Saveasato, www.saveasato.org if you want to see some wonderful recovery stories. I think my HR had a hand in me finding a dog off the street I could identify right away when the lady at the shelter was explaining the situation. Many of the dogs, or stay animals are mistreated. They beg for food, are run over, or called, come running expecting food and get beaten. Nobody wants them. MacKenzie is so loving and trusting we don't know how she made it. She was found and gave birth to 5 puppys the next day. They nurse them back to health, make sure they are people and animal friendly. Some make it to the states. There is a big demand for small dogs and with programs we have there aren't many available. Because of the enviroment they are in most remain small. She has lost some of her sight due to malnutrition while young. Otherwise she is solid. She is a Terrier Mix. We think she is mostly a cross between a Border and Jack Russell Terrier. She still has kept some survival behavior although we've had her for almost 3 years. She'll only eat so much food and then hide some for later. This isn't bad except for finding the food under pillows, blankets etc. She also like bugs, I guess being hungry made everything look good. Most of all she hates snow cold weather and heavy rain. She is about 20 lbs. When snowing or cold we have to force her out. Even then it is like dressing a kid. She has heavy and light coats, then you put on the boots, the cold makes her legs cramp. The the Vet recomended Doggles, Sunglasses, to protect what eyesight she has left. She also understands both English and Spanish. When a spanish show is on she perks right up. Also, Spanish speaking friends talk to her and she obeys their commands. She has been a big force in my recovery. She learned very quickly the smell of alcohol was a bad sign. My wife and I would fight and she'd hide. It got so my wife could tell when I'd been drinking by her. When I arrived without drinking after my evening shift she'd run out to great me. Drinking she could smell it somehow before I got in the door. She'd shake and stay in bedroom with wife. She's going to hate this weekend. Their saying up to 2 feet of snow. Shes only about a foot high. Don W
Old 01-21-2005, 09:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Polly Cat

This is Polly. One of our seven cats, two dogs and a whole herd of fish. All of the fur friends are rescues.

AA says that they'll love you until you can love yourself. AA does a great job, but these critters are a wonderful lesson in unconditional love.

Polly keeps me company at the puter for online meetings. She used to drink regular beer, but she's gotten sober too, and prefers the o'douls these days!!
Attached Images
polly goes to meetin small.jpg (23.8 KB, 793 views)
Old 01-22-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My partner and I have two red chested green conures...I don't recommend these or most parrot to newcomers on account of their ability to shread serenity and pulverize meditation with their repetitive, loud squawking at all hours. With a few years under your belt you can overlook this and see just how cute they are, especially when they start imitating you when you cough, or laugh, or when you and your partner are arguing...it's one of the funniest things I've seen!

Old 01-22-2005, 01:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm sure glad he's drinking non-alcoholic beer Mizeyore! *LOL*

Here's my Hans

Last edited by Chy; 01-22-2005 at 07:36 PM.