Elder's Meditation Dec. 26

Old 12-26-2004, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Dec. 26

"The way of knowledge.is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a mere trail -- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you to a clearer train-a track- a road. Later on there will be many tracks, crossing and diverging one from the other. Then you must be careful, for success lies in the choice of the right road."
--Many Lightenings Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

An entire apple tree is initially contained in the seed. Visions are initially contained in the idea. If you trace the path of a blooming flower backwards, it goes from the blooming flower back to a bud, back to a stem, back to a seed. So it is in the way of knowledge. Often we will experience a hunch or a feeling that we are supposed to do something. At first it may not make any sense. This is the seed stage. Once we start to investigate, more gets revealed. As more is revealed, the more knowledge we get. This is the way the Great Spirit guides us.

Great Spirit, help me to choose the right choices.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

So it is in the way of knowledge. Often we will experience a hunch or a feeling that we are supposed to do something.
Recovery has taught me to trust those nudges from my spirit, to wait quietly and patiently to see where I am being led. Seeds planted in my thoughts.

Hugs
Ann