Even in darkness

Old 12-22-2004, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Even in darkness

There isn't enough darkness in all the world to snuff out the light of one little candle.
--Anonymous

Our lives can be like a battle between darkness and light. The darkness might be in our moods when we wake in the morning with feelings of despair. Then we can turn to the light of a prayer for openness: "God help me feel your love and acceptance." The darkness is there when we are tempted to take advantage of a clerk who gives us too much change. Perhaps we tell ourselves, "Everyone does it, it won't matter if I do."

Then the light comes as we remember that this program demands rigorous honesty, and each choice for honesty promotes our growth. The darkness may be when someone we care about is hurt or in danger, and we think, "I have to step in to prevent bad things from happening." Then we turn to our Higher Power for strength to stay in the relationship, but not control it.

Today, I can take a leap of faith by choosing an action and accepting that one small choice for the light makes a difference - even in all the darkness.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I can take a leap of faith by choosing an action and accepting that one small choice for the light makes a difference - even in all the darkness.
Thanks Doug, slowly I'm learning that it doesn't take much light to keep me out of the darkness, and I'm learning where to find the light and how to hang on to it. A never-ending lesson for me.

Hugs
Ann