Elder's Meditation Dec. 21

Old 12-21-2004, 02:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Dec. 21

"He [The Great Spirit] only sketches out the path of life roughly for all the creatures on earth, shows them where to go, where to arrive at, but leaves them to find their own way to get there. He wants them to act independently according to their nature, to the urges of each of them.
--Lame Deer, LAKOTA

Every person is created with purpose and with direction. This purpose and direction is written in our hearts when we are conceived. In addition, we are given access to a quiet guidance system which helps us find our purpose and our direction. We need to recognize this guidance system. It's called intuition, the quiet voice, urges, the knowing or the feeling. Once we locate our purpose and direction, we are given skills, talents and abilities that are unique to only ourselves. We must practice daily prayer and meditation with God to find this information. To be solid and confident in ourselves, we always need to be able to answer three questions: why am I?, who am I?, and where am I going? If I can answer these three questions, I always know I'm OK!

Great Spirit, show me my path of life.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Thanks Doug!

I needed to read that today.

Richard
Old 12-21-2004, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...we are given access to a quiet guidance system which helps us find our purpose and our direction. We need to recognize this guidance system. It's called intuition, the quiet voice, urges, the knowing or the feeling.
Thanks Doug, I need this reminder that it's the quiet moments that will tell me the most.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminding me also Doug. Saturday mornings I used to go to a meditation meeting. I loved the fact I could trap myself in there and meditate. With only candle light I could leave. I must get back, I've become too busy to go. In my case
BUSY=LAZY. Don W