Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > All About Recovery > What is Recovery?
Reload this Page >

18 yr old girl getting ready to detox from roxis after 3 years

18 yr old girl getting ready to detox from roxis after 3 years

Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 18 yr old girl getting ready to detox from roxis after 3 years

Im a huge hearted, loving, sweet person that has been taken over by the evil pill named roxi. I've been on 4 roxis a day for 3 years and I have to stop. I've tried quitting several times and it's the worst feeling. It's like death in my stomach. I just cant do it cold turkey. I've tried suboxone and it helped. But theres only one small problem. I need some inspiration to stop, I really dont WANT to stop, but i have to. They're in my household where they are always in reach. My boyfriend of about 4 months doesnt know. And it's hurting me so bad. I cry myself to sleep 2 nights out of the week. I talk to God at night, and pray for him to calm my mind and to help me figure out what is going on with me. Maybe i need a therapist lol. no but seriously, i need some advice

I once went to a christian based rehab and couldnt last more than 3 days. That's how bad it hurt. I was so sick i really should have went to the E.R. but i didnt. And it's hard when co-dependency exists in my situation. I just need to stop. I just need some advice. Someone to tell me that they have been there and know what im going through, and to give me any tips to help. I really just need some GOOD advice from an experienced person. ANYTHING. PLEASE....

I HAVE TO STOP... It will be greatly greatly appreciated if i can get some responses that can motivate me to head down the road to recovery, for GOOd this time. Im sick and tired of this...

Thank you
Old 01-08-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's oxycodone+acetaminophen. I'd post this in the substance abuse forum there are many people there with opiate problems. From what I have read most use suboxone to get off opiates. I know with alcohol my desire to stop had to be stronger than my desire to use otherwise all my efforts were futile. You can just read the substance abuse posts, tons of info there.