Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17

Old 06-25-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

6 am, an excellent night (for once)

I'll remove my little flag today, the celebrations are over.
The good news is I am not a "day after disaster" as I always was in a previous life.
This is priceless do I need to say...

Have a good day Earlies
Old 06-25-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

So grateful for all of you! I've just been trying to distance myself from the dysfunction in my family. The problem is that it is so hurtful.
Thank you all for your support and kindness. Thank you for not judging me on my difficulties. I am so grateful for all of you.
SG, have a wonderful vacation.
Love and peace to you all. 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-26-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Got up at 4:00 and did a six mile walk along the beach this morning. I got to see Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, the Moon, and Venus all lined up in the morning sky. Then I got to watch the sun rise over the glorious ocean. Always a treat!

Have a good day all!
Old 06-26-2022, 06:17 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Up at 5

You were one with the universe this morning Star!

It fits so well with this song...

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Old 06-26-2022, 07:03 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

7:00 AM

I went to bed early and slept late. I think it was the yoga and meditation yesterday that did it. That was one of the best ever.

SG what a wonderful way to start your 1st day of vacation. You deserve it.

It is a cool 52 degrees here with a chilly breeze. Perfect time to soak the yard this evening. I’m still on my mission for green grass.

A good Sunday for us all.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:41 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I did the same thing, Val. Up early and then I fell back asleep for a while.
Have a great day, Earlies.
Love and peace to all. 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-27-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Finally got a good night's sleep. I need to get a good night's sleep a couple times a month.

I remember that song well CK.

Enjoy the cooler temps Val!

Have a good day all!
Old 06-27-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Happy vacations monsieur SG, take it extra relax!

___

Have a good Monday Earlies
Old 06-27-2022, 02:42 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

It is so hot here and our A/C is broken! Waiting for someone to call us about fixing it. Hopefully soon. I hate these dog days, so hot and arid, with no air!
Did laundry and ran errands this morning. Up earlier that usually. Up at 4ish. Fell back asleep for a bit and I actually got up about 7:30/8 and did laundry and then got a bunch of stuff for my mother who was obnoxious and most unappreciative. I thought things were getting better and she is stuck in a loop, her stubbornness keeps her from moving forward and doing the right thing.
Have a great week all.
SG, Have any plans for vaca? Wondering also, SG, do you watch the USFL? I haven't really gotten into it, and wanted to know if you watched and liked it. Maybe I'll watch a game or two.
Love and peace to all. Val and CK, thinking of you two, too. 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-28-2022, 03:37 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sorry about the heat, and Mom Aly. When can you get the AC fixed?

I need to get some tires for my mother in law's car. She blew out a tire on the way to the beach, which I had to change on the side of a busy interstate. Fortunately, my sister in law was driving and was able to get across several lanes of traffic to the shoulder. I was about fifteen minutes behind them, so I was able to change the tire.

I finished my employee reviews yesterday, and am hopefully done with my job for the rest of vacation week.

Val, are you getting enough hours now at your job?

It looks like a sunny and cool day down here at the beach. Mid 70's and breezy. Love it.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-28-2022, 05:47 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning earlies. I’m hanging outside in 55 degree weather. It will be back in the high 80’s today. Crazy landlady hasn’t been over to water the front for 4 days now. Even when she turns on the bad sprinkler system it’s only for 10 minutes. It is beyond crispy. She is paying a lawn care business to edge it tomorrow. Yes I am still on my green grass mission and am keeping up my huge backyard sanctuary.

SG I am glad you are done with work duties and can really relax on the beach. The ocean is the ultimate stress reliever.

Aly I have chores I should be doing but procrastinating is my superpower and a huge flaw all in one.

SG the militant office manager texted me at 8:30 yesterday to tell me her and her mother will be on vacation next week so I’m working 40 hours if not more. I was already aware of that and told her so. I’ve now heard from 2 more people that have had my job how intolerable it was. The average work span of a receptionist there is 4 weeks. I’m not fleeing out of spite!

A happy Tuesday to all.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:04 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Val, that is hilarious. Procrastination is my superpower as well! ! I so appreciate all of you. Woke up earlier than usual and I guess my mom is up too. We seem to be getting up earlier. It's so hot. Someone from the A/C company is supposed to call us to get an appt to fix the A/C. Hopefully soon.
I need to go to the grocery store, my favorite and I think the library for my mom today and I want to procrastinate that too. Maybe a little later. There is a guy at the Grocery Outlet, who is quite my junior, who has a little crush on me. It's nice, he helps me get stuff I can't find. It is very sweet. He lifeguards in the afternoon. Funny, a while back, a young, very cute boy asked my out who worked at TJ's. We had fun. Nothing serious. It's weird, I am so much older than these young guys who've been attracted to me. I know I don't look that young. Oh well, a distraction.
You all have a wonderful day. Love and peace to my favorite peeps! 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-29-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

At least you know what you are up against Val.

That's adorable Aly!

Have a good day all!
Old 06-29-2022, 06:09 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Up around 5:00 AM. I forgot I am totally out of bird seed and they had stale buns for breakfast. I’m off to the store today. I’m timing it when the landlord will be here with the yard crew to gaze upon the dead front yard. I’m sure edging will help a lot-ha ha.

Aly that sounds like a harmless and fun distraction. I wish I had one myself! There was a cute cowboy at the end of the block doing landscaping for a couple of weeks who tipped his hat and smiled when I drove by. The landscaping is done now darn it. Plus I’ve never liked cowboys much.

A good Wednesday to everyone.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:46 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

LOL! Val, I know what you mean.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:45 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

5:00 AM. Woke up a lot during the night. The 2 regular blue jays we’re waiting and I redeemed myself with extra peanuts for their breakfast.

We have rain forecast and we desperately need it. The backyard is very slowly recovering. The landlady stands out front hand watering. The poor dead grass needs a lot more than that.

Back to work today and tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.

A good Thursday to everyone.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Your lawn saga is so interesting Val.

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 06-30-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Up at 4, still an early bird!

Have a good day! ☼
Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I slept in a bit today. It felt so good. I've been really busy this week and I feel like kicking back today although it seems like the chores are never done, does it?
Val, that is kind of funny with the landlady out handwatering the lawn! People do the most interesting things sometimes.
SG, hope you're having a wonderful vaca!
Love and peace to all of you. 💖💟☮💞
Old 07-01-2022, 04:21 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Awake very early this morning. I ended up missing work yesterday. I felt kind of funny but ok and then I was sick while brushing my teeth. Gross and weird. I went miserably back to bed and felt ok later. My poor paycheck today will be miserable also. A friend brought up that I would make more money just cleaning. Nothing is perfect and it took awhile to find that job.

I’m very tired myself of the lawn saga SG. It just seemed comical to hand water a crispy brown yard for a few minutes and expect it to turn green. I don’t understand her thinking process at all. Thankfully it rained last night so it might perk up a bit.

A sleep in always helps Aly.

The critters are calling for breakfast so I’m off.
Have a good Friday everyone.