Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 16

Old 09-02-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So sorry, SG! Sending love and prayers. What a mess the weather is all over!
Take good care.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Courage Star

Up at 3...insomnia but the weekend naps will fix everything

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 09-03-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Woke up before the 6:00 AM alarm. More physical activity during the day is helping a lot of things besides sleep also.

star I’m sending good mojo. Glad you and your family are safe and sound. The images on the news are scary.

I’m happy it is Friday and a 3 day weekend. Work has been challenging is all I can say. I’m grateful for the job but the environment is going in the wrong direction. I’m putting it out of my mind after work today. I have lots of things to do so that will help.

A good Friday to everyone.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Actually got to sleep with the windows open, which doesn't happen much around here. Usually too hot or too cold.

Imvalentine, what do you mean when you say the environment is going in the wrong direction?

We still don't have power at my store, and I am tasked with finding other stores for my crew to work at while we wait. Lots of phone time today. Working from home isn't as easy as it looks!

Enjoy your holiday weekends all!
Old 09-04-2021, 02:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

wow star, hang in there. What a mess. Glad you are ok and the store is still standing.
imvalentine, the dew point is a much better gauge of how humid it is. Everyone pays attention to humidity but dew point way more accurate. The other day it was thick as can be. About as bad as it gets. The dew point was at 75 (major yuck) but the humidity was only 67% which to me does not sound that bad. It was because the temp was so high. The closer the temp gets to the dew point the more humid it is. Pretty much anyway.
I am up early on a saturday because I went to bed at 7, so up at 6. 10 hrs of sleep. I dont lack sleep these days thats for sure.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Up at 4:30 after a nice 8 hours non-interrupted night. I was tired, that helps...

So Star, power is back I hope?
You said on another thread that this store was built upon Native American burial grounds and is forever cursed.
I hope the curse is lift (for now)

I'm asking the same question Imvalentine...what do you mean when you say the environment is going in the wrong direction?

You lose me with your "dew point" Abraham...I understand it has to do with how humid and damp the temperature gets?
We're heading into fall in here, a chilly 8°C (45F) this morning...brrrr
I feel like removing the a/c units on my windows but I know too well a heatwave can still come and make me regret that move.

Have a good day Earlies - that includes you Aly!
Old 09-04-2021, 04:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

CK, I made that comment in jest, but there was a large Native American population here back in the day.

I spent the day calling everyone not to come to work, then calling them later trying to find them other locations to work at, and finally, calling them all back because the power came back on late last night. We have four full tractor trailer loads waiting to be unloaded this morning before we can actually open to the public.

It was in the low 50's here this morning. I actually was closing windows I just opened. I made that mistake once CK taking the AC units out, and it stayed warm into October. I know better now.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-04-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I had a nice sleep in this morning with 8 full hours of solid sleep.

Abraham I get the dew point. Our temp is 51, humidity 72 percent and dew point is 42. We had rain overnight also.

star that is good news about the power. I hope you are well compensated for all you do.

The job is fine but I’ve been hearing about the big boss in another city. He talks down to women and loves it when they cry and gets way too friendly also. I thought it was just work talk but I went In Tuesday and the super nice lady training me was upset. She had received a call from Mr Big. Her hours have now been cut in half because I was hired. I’m not amused. I’m keeping my applications up to date! I sure blunder into strange people and situations.

I’m going to enjoy my long weekend and keep busy.

A good Saturday to everyone.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you, CK
SG, good luck with your day.
Good luck Valentine!
All of you sending good thoughts!
Old 09-05-2021, 03:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sounds like a possibly toxic work environment Imvalentine, or one just filled with high drama people perhaps? I find both situations extremely draining. Follow your gut and keep your hand on the ejector button if this plane starts going down.

Aly, we got almost eight inches of rain last Wednesday. I so wish I could have sent all this water out to you. My area was hit with devastating flooding and numerous tornadoes. I hope the fires are not totally out of control yet.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-05-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Old 09-06-2021, 12:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:45 am for work. My watch says I slept three and a half hours last night. I was hoping for a little more.

Have a good holiday my fellow Americans! Take care CK!
Old 09-06-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

SG, sending you the best vibes!!!
Old 09-07-2021, 04:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Up at 4 and back at work.
Days are counted until retirement...I'm getting very close...to continue

Have a good day friends ☼
Old 09-07-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I am really excited for you CK! I know you are retiring not necessarily on your own terms, but I think this will allow you the freedom to explore other avenues of interest while you are still young enough and in good health to fully enjoy things. Having financial security is a huge relief.

Aly, big hugs coast to coast!

Have a good day all!
Old 09-08-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

oh retirement. I have anywhere from 5 to 15 years to go depending on how good of shape I can stay it. I'm in the construction trade so its not easy on the body but I work in a shop so it is a little better than being out in the field. If I make it 13 more years (till I'm 63) I would have 40 years in which is my goal but we shall see. We can retire with pension at 57 and or partial pension at 55. To soon to count the days. Have a great wednesday early risers. Wednesday already.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:58 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Up at 4, tired (didn't sleep well)
Wednesday ahead without a lot of inspiration...being tired at the start doesn't help to be "inspired"
But my mental state is 500% better than waking up with a hangover.

Imvalentine, you went on a vacation trip or something?
I hope all is good on your side

Have a good hump day friends!

Old 09-08-2021, 07:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

No vacation but job has not worked out at all. Plus I can’t get on this website except on my phone. I don’t know what is up my tablet. It’s one of those weeks I guess.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:32 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sorry the job is not what you envisioned Imvalentine.

CK, I hope you can plunge ahead and get things done despite a lack of sleep.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-08-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)