Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 16

Old 01-24-2022, 07:41 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

I have been picking up tests too. I have to do one everyday when I go see my mom. I helped her do some walking yesterday and she did great! So happy to see that she has been working. I'd like to see her come home when it's time.
I have been waking up SO early lately. I've been taking a nap in the afternoon, so that probably doesn't help.
I'm going to stop by the store and get a paper for my mom, since ours hasn't been coming and see if I can get a couple more covid tests. Surprisingly CVS actually asked me if I wanted a covid test! As of yesterday, they had 40, but who knows today. I'll ask. I have some coming in the mail, but the mail has been so goofy, I hope I get them. I'm trying to keep a stash too. I have to take a test everytime I see my mom, so they to quickly.
Take care SG, Valentine, and CK. Have a wonderful day, if a little sleep deprived. LOL. Love you all.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Up before the alarm. Woke up around 1:30 AM to close DIL’s door as she was having a very loud phone conversation. We are having a conversation about her living arrangements when I get home from work tonight if she is able to have a conversation. She called my son Sunday night and now granddaughter is not allowed over. I do understand how he feels. It’s been 10 days of bad to worse.

We had some snow overnight and it’s forecast all day. Yuck!

I don’t know if anything was said to my coworker yesterday as I was off. There are no test kits to be found in town. I’ve been lucky so far in this non caring environment.

Glad your mom is doing better Aly.

A good Tuesday to everyone.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad that your Mom is doing better Aly! I would keep a stash of kits if you can. I heard yesterday that the booster only gives four months protection against Omicron, so I expect another wave to hit in the spring or summer.

You are in a no win situation Imvalentine. Is DIL sober at the moment? I can't imagine trying to referee a relationship between two alcoholics.

I think I spotted a blue bird out back this morning. I put a blue bird house up last year and had a family use it until late summer. I wasn't expecting to see one for a couple of months.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-25-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Up at 7...I sleep way too much lately
8 hours a night is the norm now.

Glad things are improving with your mother Aly.
These tests are hard to find here but I don't really need any since I don't interact physically with anybody.
Keep on checking since it's to secure your mom.

Still on a rollercoaster Imvalentine?
DIL is living with you? Who else lives with you?
I'm trying to follow, sorry...
It seems to be very difficult lately.

Spring will bring a zillion birds Star in a few week and it will be hard to sleep in the morning lol

Have a good day friends ☼

Old 01-26-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you are enjoying so much sleep CK!

Seems the Omicron wave is falling rapidly around here. Unfortunately, the flu is going around, as well as a stomach bug. Always something this time of year.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-27-2022, 02:02 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

After being at the store until 12:30 am Wednesday morning, going in at 7 am this morning.

We have an on again, off again snow storm possible for Saturday. Storms often just miss us being so close to the coast. Now, it looks like the biggest snow of the year. That will make the next two days crazy busy.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-27-2022, 03:18 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Up at 5 after a nice deep sleep.

If I understand well Star, you worked a night shift on Tuesday, didn't work on Wednesday and now you're going in this morning?
(My question is : were you off on Wednesday?)
I did so many swing shifts when I was working in restaurants...it was hell now that I think about it.

Old 01-27-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

4:15 AM

We had about 4 inches of snow yesterday and another 2 expected today. I mess my windshield wiper up being to lazy to scrape ice all the way off.

CK my DIL lives here right now. Unfortunately she is far from sober. Today is 2 weeks out of treatment and she started 2 days out. She called my son Sunday night and now he doesn’t want the granddaughter here due to her drinking. I understand his feelings on that. Anyway it is a no win situation I’ve placed myself in. She is doing meetings on zoom and speaking to her out of state sponsor. She basically is on the pity pot and blames everyone and everything around her.

It’s time to get ready for work now.

A good Thursday to everyone.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

I have been waking up so darn early. I took my shower at 6 am, which I don't usually do so early. I have an appt with my back/pain doctor today. I have to take a test and follow up on my ablation.
Good to see you all. Grateful for my friends here. Have a great day to the best people!
Old 01-28-2022, 01:29 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Haha, no day off CK. Did an 11-8:30 shift Wednesday.

I hope the back doctor appointment went well Aly!

Imvalentine, does your DIL have family in your town?

Snow is coming. Anywhere from 1-3 inches to 6-10 inches. They just don't seem to be able to nail this storm down.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-28-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Up at 6:30 - not very early anymore...

Ah ok Star, I was missing this part
All is good Aly?
Nobody drinks in your home I guess Imvalentine, your DIL is sober when behind your walls?

Old 01-28-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Up at 6:30 - not very early anymore...

Ah ok Star, I was missing this part
All is good Aly?
Nobody drinks in your home I guess Imvalentine, your DIL is sober when behind your walls?

(Edit) Double post sorry
Old 01-28-2022, 05:17 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

An early riser after sleeping at least 9 hours. I guess I was just plain pooped.

How did your appointment go Aly? I hope all is well.

DIL’s mother and stepfather live in town and also her 19 year old daughter. Her mother is a nice lady but also is a heavy drinker along with the stepfather. She doles out enough cash for gas…to keep DIL going. They paid off her vehicle and tags with a stipulation of her getting a job. I worked yesterday and her car was covered in snow when I got home so she hadn’t been out to get supplies and was not feeling well. She said she’s done. I’m done with the whole mess. She has until February 1st with me. Of course we alcoholics when active care less about what others feel or expect.

I’m off work today and am going to my daughter’s to hang out this morning.

I saw on the news SG that some areas on the East coast could get 20 inches of snow or zero. Hopefully your area remains snow dump free.

A good Friday to everyone.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:08 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Thank you all, appt went well, I have to go back within the month and get a knee block. They have to test them before they can do an ablation. Grateful for the PA I see, she's great.
I have been waking up so early, like between 4 and 6 am. I hate that. I think I just have so much on my mind with my mom, etc. Oh course, I've been really tired. I started caffeine again,which I was weaning off of.
I have to pick up a prescription today and then I'll go see mom. I've been bringing she and her roommate little Valentines treats. Her roommate is a really sugar addict. They got red vines the day before. Just trying to make things right between my mom's roommate and me. No hard feelings.
Have a great day all. Stay safe. I got 3 more covid tests today. I need them as I have to be tested almost every day at my moms and I have to provide them. Grateful for any test I can get my hands on. I'll be glad when mom comes home, when she's ready. I have a lot of housecleaning to do!
Have a great day all. Grateful for all of you!
Old 01-29-2022, 12:12 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad the doctor went okay Aly.

I am guessing DIL's mother and step father do not want her at their house any longer?

We are getting heavy snow at the moment. Supposed to be between 5-8. Areas 50 miles away are going to get 18 inches. I have to skid into work this morning at the regular 5:00 am time. The delivery trucks are canceled and I am sure most of my crew will not be in. It's pointless. The company would rather risk employee lives trying to get to work than actually open up later in the day.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-29-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Up at 6

Courage on this tough day SG...
This snow storm will pass a few hundred miles east of us
It should leave 30 cm (12 in) in the Atlantic provinces (phew!)

Good that you have these tests on hand Aly, safer to meet your mom after.

It must be hard to deal with active drinkers while working on your own sobriety Imvalentine.
I'm grateful all bridges are cut with my ex-water hole (and the drinking "buddies")
There is nothing related to alcohol anymore anywhere in my life.
I realize how nice it is and how lucky I am when I read your stories - thanks for that

Have a good day Earlies ☼
Old 01-29-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  

I hit the snooze button twice. It is the straight through no lunch day. Unfortunately I’m gaining weight from sitting and snacking all day.

Be safe driving in that messy weather SG. It’s sad that companies just don’t care about their employees safety. Plus I doubt your store will be busy today. Even the postal service has snow day’s off occasionally.

DIL’s parents would let her stay there if it came down to that I’m pretty sure. They have a full bar and supply’s she has gone through before though. Day 3 for her today. She had the car battery charger on last night so we will see what happens today.

CK you deserve to sleep as much as you darn well please!

A good Saturday to everyone.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:24 AM
  # 518 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It was so silly to be open during a storm. Twenty eight of fifty eight employees called out because of the weather. We barely had any customers until the snow stopped. There are always those crazies who come out in bad storms and dangerous road conditions, and I internally roll my eyes and ask myself "why?" Why leave a warm house to venture out in a blizzard? The storm has been forecasted for a week, and most folks were well stocked up. Around here, the roads are always passable the following day.

Slept like an exhausted human last night. Nine and a half hours after a week of mainly five hour nights.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-30-2022, 11:29 AM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Yikes SG...the sleep was easy to come after a day like that I'm sure!

Football playoffs this afternoon and tonight (2 games)
My brother is convinced that the Kansas Chiefs will swipe any team and win the 2022 Super Bowl.
I don't know much about football but I'll root for the Cincinnati Bengals who are definitely the underdogs vs the Chiefs.
Also the game will be played in Cincinnati so the Bengals will have the crowd to cheer them up (it might help...they will need it!)

Chicken wings are on the menu of course!

Old 01-30-2022, 05:59 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-17-a.html (Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 17)

D