Early Riser Check-in Thread Part 14

Old 12-04-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy Friday to my team mates here! Tough day for me yesterday. I didn't leave work until 12:30 this morning.

Got bloodwork results back. Cholesterol and sugars are up. Boo! Bad time of year for diet modifications.

Another late night for me tonight anticipated.

I am glad you are all decorated Imvalentine. I took my daughter to a large public garden that does an annual lighting of trees and decorating of their conservatory. It was so pretty to see. I thought that would jump start my Christmas spirit, but it has flagged since. Maybe putting the tree up will help.

Take care all!

Old 12-04-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

A little past 6:00 AM for me this morning.

Fed the critters and sat outside until the 32 degree temperature drove me in. Brrr!

A safe Friday to everyone and stay well.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Up at 2:45... a little insomnia but I could take a nap during the day so I'm all good

Imvalentine...what are these "critters" you are feeding?
...sounds like some kind of monsters lol

Have a good Sunday Earlies
Old 12-06-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:30, a little too early for work.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-06-2020, 02:58 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Bathroom alarm around 2:30 AM

Gdaughter up until around 11:00. It was one of those nights. I am going back to sleep soon and keep my fingers and toes crossed she is not awake early.

ck the critters are loud birds and squirrels. They have me trained and the crows especially will make a ruckus to be fed bright and early.

Take care and stay well everyone.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:04 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Oh Imvalentine! You feed birds that make noise if you are late feeding them?
Wow...never thought this was possible.

Up at 4, back to normal.

Have a good day folks
Old 12-06-2020, 11:52 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:30 for work. It's been a tiring week. Looking for that Christmas spirit and not finding any thus far.

Have a good Monday all!
Old 12-07-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

5:30 AM

Used the alarm and was tempted to stay in bed. A lot of unpleasant errands to do today. One is renewing driver’s license at the DMV. I confess procrastination was involved. Expired in March and the Governor extended them until June due to the pandemic.

star the Christmas spirit is tougher than usual this year to find. If I didn’t have the Gdaughter here I doubt I would have decorated much. My DIL was the driving force on that. My expectations are way down. That is a good thing though. It used to be all about the “show”. I’m lucky to have the little one here!

Stay well everyone.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The kids and I put up our tree last night. I do enjoy going through all the ornaments the kids made as grade schoolers. We have tried to buy ornaments when we traveled, as a reminder of family trips past.

Slept nine hours over the course of the night. That's a doubling of my past few nights. Still feel tired though.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-09-2020, 03:56 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Bathroom alarm around 2:30 AM then my mind was wide awake.

Did not get to DMV but did accomplish getting my unemployment mess taken care of. Visit to office and then waited for phone calls. My fingers and toes crossed that it is settled.

DIL is headed into the alcohol abyss I suspect. Raised my voice last night which is useless but the dam burst. We will see what happens.

star my favorite ornaments and decorations are from my kids grade school and daycare. The reindeer spoon and popsicle stick sleigh...

Stay well and safe everyone.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

This is a difficult time to stay out of the abyss if one isn't 100% committed. I always found this time of year among the most challenging. During a normal year, Christmas has everyone pretending that they are happy and even the normies in our lives tend to drink more and more often.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-10-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

4:30 AM

Slept well and feel much better for it.

We have had temperatures in the low 60’s for days but are expecting snow and cold again. It was nice but very strange weather anymore. 2020 has been strange for sure.

I accomplished some online Christmas shopping last night. I haven’t splurged this season and I’m grateful to be able to at all. Things are so uncertain and discouraging. Holidays are one more stressor and trigger. Yes star even normies overdo it.

A thankful Thursday ahead.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Up at my usual 4am...
Christmas time is always very hard for me, my AV goes bezerk every year.
It was a time of coma state every night when I was active.
I’ll stay close to SR during this passage, it’s my shelter

Have a good day Earlies!
Old 12-10-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I think the fact that it gets dark at four every day and the long nights that follow make drinking seem like a solution. My wife is super stressed online shopping and trying to bake a zillion cookies for whom, I am not sure. Work is stressful. Hospitals are full. Definitely a good time to stick close to SR.

Sixty degrees Imvalentine?! Wow! We even had snow flurries most of the day yesterday.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-11-2020, 03:44 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Bathroom alarm went off about 3:45 AM.

Bundled up and sat outside for a few minutes. It’s 20 degrees and had a sprinkle of snow overnight. No more 60 degree warmups for us. The best wake up contemplation is early when it’s still and quiet out there and no darn wind.

My AV voice chimed in yesterday. It’s amazing the thoughts, ideas and plans it hatches. I’m staying close to SR myself and playing the tape through. The ghosts of Christmas’s past are not pleasant. I’ve had some whoppers I wish I didn’t vaguely remember but they help remind me of the horror I lived. I also worked at the USPS which increased the stress and increased the excuse for relief and on and on. I’m very lucky to be here!

Stay safe and well everyone.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

USPS stands for postal service Imvalentine?
If yes, these are very stressful jobs generally...you had to "deliver" (pun intended lol)

Up at 4, I have a very accurate internal clock.

Covid vaccination will begin next Monday in Canada (the Pfizer vaccine was approved Wednesday)
The health authorities predict a clear improvement by the end of January with a significant drop in new cases.
I'm glad to see there is hope ahead.

Have a good day folks!
Old 12-11-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Imvalentine, I have a friend whom works as a carrier in the USPS. He starts his day at 6:00 am and is out delivering sometimes until 9:00pm. He is looking forward to retiring next year.

We are supposed to get a little of your warmer weather Imvalentine. Up to 55 degrees possibly today.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-12-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The birds indeed are chirping loudly waiting for a fresh round of bird seed. I put up a suet feeder yesterday and immediately got a couple of pretty woodpeckers to visit.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-12-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I slept way in. My son is now here so I think a lot of stress has lifted for me. I’m not hype vigilant for now.

Yes, I retired from the Postal Service. I started when I was 24 and did my 30 years to life. I do not miss it a bit.
It is a real mess these days. I have a friend that owns a trucking business that hauls mail to Denver major hub. Semi’s are waiting up to 5 hours to unload...It’s never been that bad in his 45 years he said. I pay all my bills online.
I have seen things!

The crows and magpies were mobbing the yard when I finally went out. I do enjoy those critters.

Stay well and safe all.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 3:30 after a poor night's sleep. I always have trouble shifting from night shift to morning shifts.

How is your son doing these days Imvalentine?

Possibly expecting a serious snow storm mid week. I can't wait to see the panic set in here. It's not like Wyoming or Montreal when it snows in Philly.

Don't know if I mentioned that I put up a suet feeder and been attracting some beautiful woodpeckers to the yard.

Have a good day all!