Valuing constructive help, support and advice...

Old 06-01-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Valuing constructive help, support and advice...

I've been a member of this site for many years now, first undertaken as an alternative to attending AA meetings. At which point I hasten to add I am a believer in the content of the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous' especially as explained to me in 'Joe & Charlie:Big Book Study Meeting'. A recorded copy of which was handed to me at the last meeting I attended shortly after which I got sober and twelve years on remains one of my treasured possessions.

That said, I have never failed to appreciate and value the constructive help, support and advice based on cognitive (truth and reason) thinking from members of this site no matter how long or the quality of their recovery based on my belief that 'we all count or nobody counts' no matter their race, age, class or (dis)ability as we're all members of the community of mankind in which we all, on a daily basis, face daily challenges and adversity.

In which it's always best to remember it's not where you came from, it's where you're going to and, with gratitude and appreciation, those who helped you on your journey. Especially in recovery where very often they to are recovering and facing, perhaps even harder. The same challenges as you.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I get the feeling of waking up in the morning and there is a documentary on how \it rains on Saturn, within the rings of the planet\. As it rains ice within (not on) Saturn according to science I agree that were all important.
I wish someday I can be thankful to some people who have been on my journey too.

The documentaries of Theroux on alcoholism are quite touching, not to mention their other docs.
AA has helped many people, never tried it myself though.