Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 13

Old 06-21-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

5:15 AM

I’m happy my AS received his pictures before Father’s Day and little one talked as much as a 2 year old can on the phone with him yesterday.
Daughter coming over this evening with her 2 year old.

Just watched a crow depute over a steak bone. Probably woke up the whole block with their bickering. The poor squirrel even ran.

A good Sunday to all.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:38 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Happy Father's Day Wisc!
Thank you ... I am grateful to be a father. Grandfather to boot!
Old 06-21-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:20 am for work, after a restless night. Have several HR issues at work that I am trying to deal with. It's always the four people out of 110 that cause 90% of the issues.

I love a good ole crow fight!

Have a good day all!
Old 06-22-2020, 04:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Up around 2:30 myself.
No obsessive yard watering today. We have had enough rain to last a few days. Now I’m pulling every weed in sight. it is a productive way to get stress out also. Out damn weed!

Good luck with the HR issue star. People do stir things up at work. Pretty sure I did myself in the past. I was passive aggressive maybe.

Happy Monday everyone.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:02 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yes I caused quite a few dramas wherever I worked. Passive aggressive bs. Dry drunk. Drunk. Up at 0330. Didn't sleep well but got plenty of sleep. ODAAT
Old 06-23-2020, 01:44 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning campers! Cool rainy damp morning to start. Cup of joe.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Day off but up at 4:30.

Sat outside with coffee listening to all the birds waking up. Watched a fox trot across the yard. I am enjoying all the nature that is happening around me.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-23-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Semi early riser. The alarm went off at 5:00 but I dozed off and on.

I think my unemployment mess might be resolved soon. A social security number was transposed so I had apparently been working in Oregon and Wyoming last year. I get around! They are fixing their error. The poor girl on the phone was so apologetic I felt bad for her. I am happy it is being solved.

Coffee and critter watching in the morning is the best star.

A good Tuesday to all.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Rotten night sleeping....have video appt. with dr. at 0830. will put off coffee for now. paging through SR first thing.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:12 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good luck with the dr appt Wisc.

Coffee and critters is my new morning routine if I am up and can't sleep in at all.

Best wishes all!
Old 06-24-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Up around 6:20 AM. I’m still staying up late. I’m adjusted to summer hours now I guess.
Hope your appointment goes well wiscsober.
Housework and hanging out with daughter this evening with no kids allowed.
Unemployment mess is fixed for now. Yippee! This has been an extremely financially stressful time. I cannot imagine how bad it is for millions of other people.

A safe sober Wednesday to all.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Late check-in today. Hope the Dr.s appointment goes well Wiscober. Congrats on getting the unemployment situation sorted out Imvalentine.
Am a coffee and critters morning person myself...
My hummingbirds are MIA so far this year but keeping an eye out.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:47 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...Dr's appt. went well and quick...just a med check. Slept much better. imvalentine: great the unemployment income is straightened out. No coffee yesterday. Support all of you.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Up way to early with bathroom alarm but I can use the quiet time. Yesterday seemed unsettled and disorganized to me. Maybe I was used to being stressed out and now I don’t know what to do with myself.

Our covid cases are rising here in low populated WY. Workers at 5 restaurants have tested positive in Cheyenne. Now the city wants to block off downtown streets during canceled Frontier Days celebration and allow open containers of alcohol. Just like the good old days! I hope we are not that stupid and it doesn’t happen.

Stay safe and cautious out there.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi I'm back. Amazing how a state of mind can settle down for the better. I've been taking my diabetic med first in the morning. Eating and drinking the recommended carbs within an hour.

I was listening to a newscast with interviews of women who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic. I really felt sorry and helpless for them. I thought of you Imvalentine and melski and many of our SR members. Most of the employers were real assholes how they let these people go...many who have dedicated decades to the companies.

It was interesting to hear their determination, helplessness, and acceptance. What I deal with is nothing compared to what millions are dealing with. None of them talked about resorting to alcohol or drugs to deal with life.

I wish the best for all of you.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Another critters and coffee morning here also.

Glad the unemployment situation is taken care of Imvalentine.

Wisc, there are so many heart breaking stories out there. I have to limit my intake of such stories, or I will stoke my depression tendency, which thankfully has been low recently. I am trying to look at the bright side of things as much as possible. For instance, I took my kids on a couple mile nature hike yesterday. It felt good to get them out of the house and away from their phones for a bit.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-26-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good to be sober. Pleased my first glucose number is near normal. Also, my tremors are calm. I feel calm.

Had more of a productive day like last Sunday.

Was remembering about a very serious, alcoholically sick, incident from over 20 years ago. First feeling was shame and regret. The incident had a lot of drunken actions, being humiliated, and revenge.

Not the first time I thought about it, but this morning was able to rationally think it through, put it in context, and know something like that won't happen again. Not something I need to make amends for, but it can't happen again.

Good stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

4:35ish AM

Pharmacy drive through run on the itinerary. An acquaintance is opening a tea shop downtown today. Seriously thought about going but came to my senses. DIL put her notice in. A coworker at the restaurant went to the doctor and has been told to self quarantine for 2 weeks. I don’t know if she was tested or what is going on. Owner is very lax on health regulations. Not good! I think I’d flee immediately notice or not.

Stay safe, cautious and have a great Friday.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning all. It has been over a year sober for me and almost every day I feel like my brain and body continue to heal. Sometimes in subtle ways and sometimes in big ways.
The first three months I was an anxious paranoid mess which has gradually eased.
Every one has a different process but I think it takes some time for the damage to be undone but the body is pretty remarkable if you give it a chance.
The company I work for is shutting down next week so just trying to wrap up the urgent stuff today.
Horses and maybe a haircut...
Happy Friday!
Old 06-26-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

For myself, the first year of sobriety was mainly letting my physical body and brain heal and learning how not to drink at each holiday, birthday and whatnot. The second year for me was about coming to grips with my addiction intellectually and learning to handle my emotions sober. I realized how emotionally immature I was, having always relied on alcohol to numb any feelings I was feeling. Congrats on a year melski!

Have a good day all!