Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 13

Old 05-23-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning, happy Saturday. Beautiful day out there. Rain expected this afternoon. Garden is starting out good tho I just discovered Lilly Beatles. Hoping a soapy oil mixture will do away with them.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Our part of the state will partially re open on June 5th. No gatherings over 25 people, curb side delivery preferred for restaurant patrons. I know I won't be sitting in a restaurant for quite a while.

Nature is happening all around me. A fox snagged a squirrel five feet from my kitchen window this morning. Yesterday, he was in a standoff with a mother deer and her new fawn. The fox was the one on the defense there.

We and my in laws normally host a big all day picnic bbq on Memorial Day Sunday. It started twenty years ago as a celebration of my wedding date and the kick off to summer. This year, with Covid restrictions and two deaths in the family, we are nixing it. It used to be an all night drinking beer around the fire event for me back in the day. It is very different not drinking, as I haven't for a number of years. Spending all day talking with people while sober is too much like work for me these days. Draining.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

up and atom
Old 05-24-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

6:15ish AM

Rained overnight and cool rainy weather today.

My AS in prison asked if we are barbecuing or taking Gdaughter to the park. NO. They have rigorous precautions where he is also. He has no real idea what this has been like in the outside world. He’s in in for a huge culture shock if he’s released to a halfway house in the future.

It is exhausting and a waste of time to be in people, places and things situations. I have let a friend drift away due to the drinking and endless cycle of drama.

Happy Sunday to all.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Best wishes for a good day everyone.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Memorial Day

Everyone have a safe and sober holiday.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

6:00 AM

Good sleep and nothing planned but household chores.
Good rain yesterday has livened and greened up the yard.

Happy Monday Memorial Day to all.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Had a small scale bbq at in laws next door yesterday. Seemed weird being around more than a couple people, though we were in a big yard. Had a nice fire going all afternoon and well into the night. My wife is still super uncomfortable being around folks. I feel this is going to end horribly when all the restrictions are lifted.

Happy holiday to all!
Old 05-25-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Had a small scale bbq at in laws next door yesterday. Seemed weird being around more than a couple people, though we were in a big yard. Had a nice fire going all afternoon and well into the night. My wife is still super uncomfortable being around folks. I feel this is going to end horribly when all the restrictions are lifted.

Happy holiday to all!

Always sober right! I know the numbers in PA are alarming ... but you will be well.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It went by pretty quick and we had some unusually nice weather here. Our beaches are open and they were crowded this weekend. Back to work for me today along with my usual horse and dog activities.
Happy to be sober, healthy and working.
Happy Tuesday.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Healthy and sober is really what it is all about melski.

Hoping to get some things done around the place today and tomorrow before heading back to work.

Be safe all!
Old 05-26-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

3:30 AM

Very late check in here.

Puttering around while waiting for landlord to return call or show up. Minor plumbing issue. Washers wear out in the tub faucet frequently. I have no access to the basement to shut water off and fix myself. Nothing to stress over obviously I’m at home all day anyway. I did remind her of social distancing, masks... She is a gadfly!

A good day to all.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

present and sober
Old 05-27-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

4:30 AM

Slept a bit better.

Yearly summer skirmish with the landlord has begun. The well has been turned on and the sprinkler system in front doesn’t work properly for 4th year in a row. She says the well goes down but it never happens in the backyard with no system. On and on it goes. Talked of trapping squirrels... The filter in the pump needs cleaned every use because of the sand but I know nothing. The washers in the tub faucet wear out because we turn them off too tight, water too hot- cold water this time, shower head I changed is the problem. She doesn’t like my DIL and Gdaughter here so cannot update bathroom...She’s nuts. I’m done venting.

Time to feed the squirrels.
A better day ahead and take care all.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

A very good morning all.
Rough night sleeping, reminded me of my pre-sobriety days.
Have been sugar/grain free for a while and caved last night and ate some chocolate.
It was very good chocolate but it hit me like alcohol. Anxious, restless, nightmares, the works.
Well, lessons learned I guess. Makes me wonder about the relationship between alcohol and sugar in our bodies.
Long day ahead to manage through but thank goodness for coffee.
Take care and stay safe!
Old 05-27-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Melski, there is a definite connection between alcohol and sugar, as alcohol is chocked full of sugar. When I quit drinking, I craved sugar and ate every cake, pie and cookie in sight. I have been dealing with trying to lose weight since I quit drinking. It was a small trade off in the grand scheme of things.

Imvalentine, sounds like you have a challenging landlord situation unfortunately. I hope things can be fixed to your satisfaction.

Glad you are doing well Wisc!

Be safe all!
Old 05-27-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

AYE SUGAR Even too much natural carbs can wreak havoc ... my glucose levels today were very good but for some reason my blood pressure is high
Old 05-28-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

present
Old 05-28-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

4:45 AM

Trip out to the drugstore yesterday and most had masks...quick in and out at Lowe’s garden center and most did not. Some people looked defiant and downright mean. Grocery pickup and plant repotting on my list today. I’m still staying home as much as possible. No sign of landlord or plumber! “As The Faucet Drips and Grass Croaks” soap opera continues.

A safe happy Thursday to all.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Checking in..
My company is not even going to start bringing people back to the office until November. That is fine with me, doing well working at home.
Stay safe and enjoy the day!