Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 13

Old 05-13-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

3:00ish AM

I tossed and turned. Realized I forgot my nightly fibro meds. DIL is now sick so it’s me and the Gdaughter today. It could be always be worse.

Hope you feel better soon wiscsober.

Stay well and safe today.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:24 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Morning, had some trouble posting yesterday so trying again! Strange, unseasonable weather here too the last few days. Warm then a big rain/wind storm then warm again.Coming up soon on my one year sobriety anniversary. So many positive changes, some dramatic, some subtle. I could have never imagined this in my drinking days. Grateful to be working, healthy and sober. Grateful to SR and all of you for the support. Happy Wednesday.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

melski way to go!
Old 05-14-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

here here right here ... sober ... love you all
Old 05-14-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Morning, up extra early today to do my horse activities before the work day gets rolling. An experiment in time management...
Have a great day all!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

6:00 AM

Full night of sleep.

I put up another bird feeder along with different varieties of seed. I have a critter smorgasbord going. If I’m going to be hanging out at home I’m going to enjoy it and so are they. We are slowly opening up here but I’m high risk so here I am. I’m honestly afraid.

Enjoy your new routine time with horses melski and congratulations on almost a year.

Stay well all.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Looks like another nice day here. Sunny with a little breeze.

Lacking in motivation in getting things done. Usually, I am full of energy this time of year. I guess all the virus drama is weighing on me a bit.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-15-2020, 03:07 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Started rough with high glucose levels around 0300, but two hours later after meds. and decent carbs. I'm already feeling better. Daily commitment to live sober. Hang in there everyone ... supreme court pretty much opened Wisconsin. Little things worry me now ... mosquitoes will be out soon. Slacked off on daily recovery activities but keeping SR in front.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Wisc, saw photos of packed bars in Wisconsin and not a soul wearing a mask. Unfortunately, you will be running into these people in the grocery store later on.

Up at 5:00. Windows open and the birds are loud. Expecting near 90 degrees today. I might have to put an AC unit in the bedroom.

I am with you Imvalentine. I think it is safer to keep close to home.

Be safe all!
Old 05-15-2020, 04:23 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Up around 3:30.

I cannot imagine 90 degrees now. Upper 70’s next week but a high of 50 today. Brrr
DIL got the side of the house raked out yesterday and Grandson mowed.

I saw the Wisconsin barflys on tv. I’m pretty sure a lot of people are looking forward to that everywhere. A hangover and the virus bug all in one. My public bar days were long past in my drinking career.

Happy healthy Friday.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thank you all my thoughts too ... posted pic on my FB of bar patrons no masks, no distancing, touching glasses and hands. Already I had no reason to be in a tavern. Embarrassed and angry it made national news. Not sure what's going to happen now.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Just wondering what happened to common sense?
Looks like we have to take it into our own hands (and masks) as our states may or may not.
Happy Friday all and stay safe!
Old 05-16-2020, 02:32 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 5:00 for work.

Put one AC unit in my bedroom window at 7:00 am yesterday. We hit 85 yesterday, after frost warnings for a week.

I agree Melski. We are going to have to take it into our own hands to stay safe as possible.

Be safe all!
Old 05-16-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Up around 3:30 again.

DIL going in to help clean small but extremely busy diner she work at today. They are not open for dine in yet and I have no idea how they will enforce restrictions when they do. It will be a long time before I enter a restaurant.

A slow warming with no rain for a few days forecast. It helps to have a large private yard escape.

Happy Saturday.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Good morning all, chores, horses and workouts today.
Rain predicted tomorrow and Monday so preparing for that (blankets on horses or not?).
I will be glad to have a hair appointment at some point lol!
Happy Saturday
Old 05-16-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:20 am for coffee, SR and work.

Be safe all!
Old 05-17-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Awake around 7:30 AM. Woke up for a few hours before midnight. I had the second most strange dream of my life. Very vivid and I hope it’s not true. Either way not fun.

DIL stayed home yesterday but is going in today. She opens tomorrow and Gdaughter goes to daycare. Her driver’s license is kaput until a visit to the DMV. A huge cluster mess she brought on herself. More alcoholic behavior fall out. Anyway I’m the driver again and thanks for listening. A touch of resentment in me.

A safe sober Sunday to all.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:42 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Pushed back cleaning apt. until today ... K9 inspection for bedbugs. Not just me the whole building. Only had one since the heat and spray treatment last summer.

Still have guilt comet was getting bit up by them for so long. A lovely vet adopted him.

Warm but rainy. fine with me been sleeping with windows open.

Yes I'm glad I forget the majority of my dreams.

Haven't been doing much as far as step work or helping other alcoholics and addicts. SR is my go to.

Politics and virus. Now in WI cities and counties are making the rules.

Back to being an early-riser but have gotten on much later.

Everyone be safe and healthy. Masks. Distancing. sanitizing. wash hands.

Thankfully Alanon ... I choose not to be embarrassed by WI tavern patrons, especially on national news. Palm face plants once.

8 months about since rededicating myself to mental and physical health.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:56 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:30 for work.

I am in a stretch of time where I seem to be remembering multiple dreams a night and they are very vivid. One can train themselves to remember dreams if they choose. To this day, we still don't know why we need to dream.

Imvalentine, sorry you still are playing chauffeur. I guess with your daughter's driving infractions, she is lucky to even be in consideration for driving. In my state, first timers usually don't get jail time, but from then on it's anyone's guess. Depends on how good a lawyer and how much money you have. I hope things work out and your daughter has learned a life lesson.

Wisc, it would be troubling to me to see so many folks out and about not wearing masks.They reopened the beaches in neighboring states, and they were jammed with tourists. I feel this summer will be a lot deadlier than it needed to be otherwise.

Be safe all!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

4:00 AM

First leg of chauffeur duty is complete. Next up is daycare, pick DIL up from work, drop her off at DMV, pick her and Gdaughter up. Her car now has an interlock device for 6 months. Hope she learns an expensive lesson. My XAH racked up 4 dui’s and still drives “under the weather”.

A nice warm no rain day ahead despite driving duty.

A happy and safe Monday to all.