11/29 A Meditation - F.E.A.R.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

11/29 A Meditation - F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. = Frustration, Ego, Anxiety and Resentment.
--Anonymous

We don't want to return to the life we led before recovery, but fear should never be the reason why we don't. Fear keeps us from being open to the Program. If we're only in the Program because we're afraid of the old way of life, we'll never pay attention and open our souls to learn about the new way. We'll be too busy looking back over our shoulders to make sure the old life isn't creeping up on us.

We have to want the Program out of a desire for a new life, not out of a fear of the old. Positive thinking and behavior will be in charge if we are to make any character growth. Every fear encourages negative thinking that can destroy us. Guilt and shame come from the past, just like fear. If those feelings are what drive us, we will never grow.

I will make it a practice to take note of my fears. I will take an inventory of each fear until I understand what caused it. Then I will be able to find a way to work through them.

From the book Easy Does It by Anonymous
Old 11-29-2004, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tha toastah

wow, that sounds like a tough one.. taking a fear inventory untill i understand what caused it.. lets give it a try