# 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Six months Wiscsober! Contrats!
Too cool thank you!!!
Old 03-20-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

awful wind, rain, snow, sleet,

I'm glad the weather doesn't reflect my mood. Maybe my past but not my "today."

Thanks to all of you for whatever you do each day...work and family.

Sober parenting, sober employment, sober retirement.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

5:00 AM

Wide awake with alarm. Going in to work. I have few public encounters but the guys go to homes to service furnaces. The city has closed restaurants...but the walk in liquor stores are advertising open. We have drive throughs attached also. My brother from Maryland was astounded by that when he visited. Only in WY!

Everyone take care and stay safe.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post

Sober parenting, sober employment, sober retirement.
Great quote wisc!

There were two plus hour wait times to get into gun shops around here yesterday. And I do not live in a rural area. People are expecting mass looting? Our governor has shut down any business not involved in "Life Essential" work. As a grocery employee, I am considered life essential.

Happy Springtime! Typical you guys would catch a snowstorm. There is even the possibility of us catching some Monday I hear.

Our shelves are actually getting pretty close to normal. We even got two cases of toilet paper and a case of hand sanitizer last night! There are now 55 confirmed cases in my county. I expect that number will explode in the coming week. It is hard to see an end to all of this. At least a positive end.

Stay well all. Practice social distancing if you can.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I think we've had 10 confirmed cases and 2 deaths in NE Wisconsin
Old 03-20-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

We have 17 with no new cases in the last two days. Part of what I was doing today was enabling others to work from home. We are sending home as much staff as we can.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:13 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Yay first full day of spring...much needed...still too cold.
Keeping occupied staying centered with recovery
Old 03-21-2020, 05:42 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Up at 6am-ish

Getting ready for a quick trip to the hardware and pet food stores.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Funny, Imvalentine, I had a heater repairman out today to clean the heater and give me an estimate on a new circulator. I hope to have that swapped out in a couple weeks.

Had a near panic scene yesterday as folks swarmed the doors upon opening. A couple employees just walked out the door at the sight of that. We are going to limit the number of folks in the store at one time today for everyone's safety.

Take care all!
Old 03-21-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I went to home depot today. They had all but one entrance closed, and had pallets stacked to direct traffic. I was offered a hand sanitizer when I entered and a disinfected cart. The clerk did not handle any of the items I bought, I held the bar code toward her and she use a wireless gun.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:59 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I spent most of yesterday having shoppers form a line to get into the store and spritzing them with sanitizer before entering. It worked pretty well overall, though we had lines down the block at times. People seemed to appreciate being able to shop with thirty customers at a time in the store. Many just headed back to their cars when I told them they had to go to the end of the line. A couple told me this is just a media hoax. Takes all types. We also only opened every other cash register to help space folks out.

Can't sleep, been up for hours already. The constant siege mentality is exhausting, but necessary.

Stay safe all!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

1:20 AM

Bathroom alarm and had to reset breaker box.

Our blizzard never happened thankfully.

This has turned into a bad movie that doesn’t end. DIL and I both sick with regular crud. I feel much better today.
The restaurant where she worked is totally closed and daycare only taking 10 children of essential workers. I’m venturing to grocery store and hope it’s not a mob scene. Friend went to Sams club yesterday and people were lined up waiting for doors to open. There is no limit here on how many people can go in. Trouble brewing!

Take care and stay well.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:09 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Apparently, the local Home Depot only had one entrance open, and used stacked pallets to force an entry line. We are all experiencing a new reality, and I can't see it changing any time soon.

My heart goes out to all of the restaurant and hospitality workers whom have no work to go to now. There are a lot of small family run businesses that I am afraid will never have the resources to outlast the virus. Hopefully, the government will help folks get back on their feet.

I hope you and your daughter feel better Imvalentine!

Stay safe all!
Old 03-22-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to those most suffering from this crisis. Which in many ways is the majority. But truly for the elderly, immune compromised, laid off workers. The real defense will being able we got through this sober and helped others. Up at 0400 just playing games and getting pissed off for some remarks made about some of my FB posts....I guess I'm propagating the hoax and taking the extreme left. Ready to write letters to a son and explain specifically my relgious and political views. I'm glad to be alive and kicking it...
Old 03-22-2020, 07:06 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Up at 8:40am, I must've need sleep.

Star, your doing the right thing, hang in there. Our day cares are closed as well
as schools and all public events have been canceled. Stores that are open are on reduced hours. Boarders are closed. The government is providing for those that need help. Tho were not as hard hit as most other places (19 cases so far) a state of emergency has been declared in our provence. People and business can be fined for not following mitigation practices.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:58 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Up at 2:30 for work. Feels like I have not had a day off in weeks. Every day is so exhausting not knowing what is coming. Everyone is adjusting to the new normal.

Have a good, safe day all!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Up at 5:30am for work.

Stay safe Star. I'm fortunate in that in my work place, I'm already somewhat distanced as I don't work terribly close with people.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

slept soundly....the best in quite awhile...

I'm over my grandiosity and sensitivity...

Have to get some basics in the house
Old 03-23-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

5:00 AM

Back and forth between sleep until finally getting out of bed.

Was lazy and hit the grocery store late morning yesterday. Not much available. Have everything we need though. Not many people there either. They’d already been!

Work day.
Stay well and safe everyone.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:40 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Up few minutes before 4:00.

Going to Dr appointment at noon and am calling in sick. Yesterday was miserable and of course actually feel better this morning. It’s just the regular crud-sinus...but felt like a leper at work. They will be less stressed without me today!

Hang in there Stargazer. You have to be exhausted and definitely deserve a long vacation when this is over,

Stay well and safe.