Some roses for you..

Old 11-13-2019, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Some roses for you..

Whilst it's true that on the 8th of Sept., 2016 I already had eight years of sobriety behind, nevertheless life got a little challenging. When I underwent an emergency life saving operation followed by five weeks in a medically induced coma.

The cause of which was a bacterial infection followed by concerns over a line of sepsis. Of which if and when I regained consciousness, no one could predict the outcome or what state I'd be in?

Drinking aside, but not complacently so,I'd already faced a lot of adversity in my life but recovery from these events. Even now three years on hasn't been easy...

Anyway, I came across this today and with recovery in mind I thought I'd share it and 'some roses' with anyone who is cares to read this thread,

' Instead of complaining that the rose bush is full of thorns, be happy the thorn bush has roses,' - Proverb
Old 11-13-2019, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is beautiful. It is gratitude really isn't it summed up in one sentence. Gratitude plays a huge part in my sobriety and well, my life in general now

I love this, thank you for sharing.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹