SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/442644-early-risers-check-thread-pt-11-a.html)

Ringo123 10-25-2019 06:27 AM

Up at 4am too!

The plants I do best with are the ones that come Michael's or some other decorations store (smile). IE, fake. I can't kill those.

STDragon 10-25-2019 07:13 PM

I have a couple of small cacti, I just ignore them, they seem to be doing fine... Maybe they came from Micheal's too!

wiscsober 10-26-2019 03:28 AM

up at 0445 slept well
Year 2024 first woman to the moon! Wow....
Listening to BBC world news first time.
Beautiful sliver of a moon out this morning
Starting the day off with SR....everyone have a wonderful day.....

lmvalentine 10-26-2019 04:05 AM

4:10 AM

Gave up and got out of bed. ADIL had plans with work friends and got a head start I’m afraid. Friday night has become a pattern. Leaving it up to A higher power. I didn’t have a codependent panic which is progress.
I have a few plants and a couple cacti that somehow survive the lack of light. I had an apartment 3 years ago with wonderful window ledges they thrived in. I don’t do well with orchids though.
Long work day ahead.

A safe sober Saturday to all.

STDragon 10-26-2019 06:20 AM

7:45am

Was awake earlier, but didn't really want to get up.... Wife is having friends over, I'll be escaping to ukulele class...

melski 10-26-2019 06:59 AM

Thanks for the plant input all. I have two orchids and a cactus planter and these are kind of my first house plants.
Always had pets that would dig up/knock over plants so I avoided them. My darling little dog now has no interest so am giving it a shot!
Slept in to 6 and have a relaxed day of chores and home based stuff.
Will get my exercise and a good dog walk in as well.
Have fun at class Dragon!
Happy Saturday

wiscsober 10-27-2019 12:18 AM

up at 0215
went to bed very early
doing good but going back to sleep
ate a bit of leftovers
step out for a smoke too early for coffee
everyone have a great sober and rational day.

stargazer016 10-27-2019 01:45 AM

Up for work at 4:15 after working until 8:00 last night.

Waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Have a good day all!

lmvalentine 10-27-2019 06:11 AM

6:30 AM

Up earlier but went back to sleep.
Heard an owl when I went out to smoke. 18 degrees so I was not out long. Snow and cold next few days. No high wind which is a blessing.
Hanging out-in- with Gdaughter today.
Wiscober-like the sober and rational day saying, I hope we all have one!

STDragon 10-27-2019 06:21 AM

When I saw 18 degrees, I though Phffft, but then I remembered, your talking Fahrenheit, that's nearly -8 Celsius, so yea, brrr.... We are currently at zero, with a forecast of a balmy +1c. Grey skies, yuck. Planning to do yard work (rake leaves)...

PS: up at 7:30

stargazer016 10-28-2019 01:24 AM

Up at 4:15 for work.

Have a good day all!

wiscsober 10-28-2019 03:20 AM

good morning been up a bit for smoke and coffee
fell asleep during SNF Go Pack Go watched the highlights WoW
0520 here
everyone have a wonderous day

lmvalentine 10-28-2019 04:21 AM

4:30 AM

Could use more sleep but will go to bed early tonight. DIL still sleeping and I guess now unemployed. Not a good day yesterday but today will hopefully be better. There is always hope.
It is 12 outside with a high of 13 forecast. Brrrr! I’m going to eat before I head out to shovel.
Long work afternoon and I confess I’m wishing it is over soon. Mind numbingly bored there. Money is helpful and nothing is perfect but EEK!

A good Monday to all.

ChloeRose63 10-28-2019 04:25 AM

I just love Halloween Week!:Witch6:

STDragon 10-28-2019 05:48 AM

Happy Monday,

Off work. Big plans are to build a shelf in the garage for junk storage, but first, shopping for a new tool. yay!

wiscsober 10-28-2019 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 7298407)
Happy Monday,

Off work. Big plans are to build a shelf in the garage for junk storage, but first, shopping for a new tool. yay!

YAY Dragon a new tool. I always love buying new tools. Seriously.

melski 10-28-2019 08:04 AM

Well no power since Saturday, no internet and am rationing my auxiliary chargers as we have no idea when it’s coming back on.
Still have no idea how this is preventing wild fires as there are now 8 of them going and we are getting smoky too...
Seriously considering a move out of California, this is the third year of this.
Anyway hope early birds have a good Monday.

wiscsober 10-28-2019 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by melski (Post 7298481)
Well no power since Saturday, no internet and am rationing my auxiliary chargers as we have no idea when it’s coming back on. Still have no idea how this is preventing wild fires as there are now 8 of them going and we are getting smoky too...y.

My goodness melski you and your family and neighbors are in my thoughts. Be safe.

ChloeRose63 10-29-2019 01:33 AM

Up because the cat wants to go outside and won't take no for an answer!
Oh, well, I wanted to see if I could 'catch a falling star' from the Taurian meteor shower anyway!

wiscsober 10-29-2019 02:51 AM

ChloeRose - The only thing falling from the skies here is snow!

Snow blankets the ground. Slushy on the cement. Even a couple weeks early for us.

Up at 0400. Wondering why it was so bright out.

Automatic recovery thoughts upon waking which is cool. Mainly wanting to get on SR.

Everyone be safe and have a great day and evening. :grouphug: