SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/442644-early-risers-check-thread-pt-11-a.html)

STDragon 10-22-2019 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by melski (Post 7293936)
Today marks 130 days for me.
It's just a Tuesday but I am grateful for my clarity, even if it isn't always comfortable.
Never thought I would be at this age and still trying to figure out who I am but there you go.
There are clues thank goodness!
Thanks for reading and a very happy and safe Tuesday to you all.

Congratulations Melski!

ChloeRose63 10-23-2019 02:24 AM

Slowly getting up this morning....

STDragon 10-23-2019 04:09 AM

5:40 am

I sure would like more sleep. Missing the mornings, (not that long ago), when I'd spring out of bed at 4:45 and have the house to myself. Riding on the pink cloud.

lmvalentine 10-23-2019 05:09 AM

3:45 AM

The sleep cycle wackiness goes on. Wide awake and exhausted all at once. Fibro and life acting up. I have disengaged from toxic people recently but feel like I have a hangover from it!
A couple of inches of snow forecast today and sunny tomorrow. I have a massage scheduled tomorrow also to look forward to.

Hope we all have a good Wednesday.

stargazer016 10-23-2019 05:53 AM

I too am continuing to have sleep issues. Feeling exhausted but only able to sleep in two or three hour chunks, then awake for an hour. I assume it's related to the deep funk I have been in all month. SAD, and depression in general, is no joke. I spent a lifetime trying to self medicate myself out of it, with bad results.

Have a good day all!

melski 10-23-2019 06:04 AM

For whatever it's worth, I had sleep problems last night too.
I think part of it is my upstairs neighbor was clomping and banging around quite a bit.
May leave him a polite note but not sure it's worth whatever ire that may inspire in him.
In any case a happy Wednesday and hope we can all get some sleep tonight.

Ringo123 10-23-2019 06:38 AM

Up at 4am.

I doubt that pre-technology era people had the sleep issues we have today. I imagine that long days of physical work, whether on the farm, in warehouses, factories, or from housework and cooking from scratch, led to being exhausted come evening that folks slept well--until it was early morning and time to do it all again.

At least that's what happens with me after a physically demanding day.

Wishing all a very pleasant Wednesday.

STDragon 10-23-2019 06:13 PM

I have the occasional periods of bad sleep, I try not to stress about it. For the most part I sleep ok. I wear ear plugs to bed tho, because I wake up easily if there is clumping, bumping or snoring and can never get back to sleep with any noise.

STDragon 10-24-2019 03:36 AM

5:20am

Feelin' good, decent nights sleep, two more work days left!

stargazer016 10-24-2019 05:29 AM

We end up running a portable room fan in our bedroom mainly for the white noise background it provides. It helps to drown out various noises that interfere with sleep to an extent. Now, if I didn't have to get up to use the facilities a couple times a night!

lmvalentine 10-24-2019 05:34 AM

5:50 AM

Woke 10 minutes before alarm. 8 hours of deep uninterrupted sleep. A massage at 8:00 and no damn wind forecast. A short work day will also be nice.

A good day to everyone.

wiscsober 10-24-2019 05:42 AM

Up at 0230/0600

Been sleeping in the last week...back on sleep meds which have helped tremendously and I'm not tired when I awake.

I too fall asleep to white noise, soft music, audiobooks, etc.
Try to end, not always, caffeine intake by early afternoon.

Don't go to bed hungry is important.

Thank goodness because when drinking I couldn't even put in words how messed up sleep and diet was....sickening literally.

melski 10-24-2019 05:43 AM

Wow a massage sounds amazing...
Better sleep here too thanks goodness.
On another topic, anyone here good at keeping Orchids blooming?
Been reading online but just curious.
How much do you water and fertilize?
Happy Thursday all.

stargazer016 10-24-2019 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by melski (Post 7295342)
On another topic, anyone here good at keeping Orchids blooming?
Been reading online but just curious.
How much do you water and fertilize?
Happy Thursday all.

Being orchids naturally grow on trees, they don't need much water. Once a week is usually sufficient. Make certain the roots are not sitting in water. The pot needs to drain well. I would only fertilize in the spring and summer, using about a quarter strength dose of an appropriate orchid food. They are not heavy feeders.

STDragon 10-25-2019 03:52 AM

I have a friend who love keeping orchids. I'm better at keeping cacti :-P

Up at 5:25. Occasionally I'll have a big mug of herbal tea (sleepy time & peppermint) just before bed, but then I'm guaranteed to be up in the middle of the night for a pee. When I was drinking I was always up in the night using the facilities.

wiscsober 10-25-2019 03:58 AM

0500 Nice sleep went down listening to Never Ending Story! Listening to children's books is just fine.

I've tried with orchids, African violets, and poinsettias, and they promptly die off.

Everyone have a great day and night.

lmvalentine 10-25-2019 05:13 AM

5:40 AM

Slept well again. I listen to AA speakers, guided meditation or rain...on YouTube in bed. I slept for years on the couch with tv on when married to XAH. This is much more peaceful.
A slow morning with Gdaughter and work this afternoon.

Happy Friday to all.

stargazer016 10-25-2019 05:40 AM

I seem to do better with orchids than cacti! My lovely cacti got a mealy bug invasion when I was away on vacation and they never recovered. They were doing so well and sending up all kinds of new growth. I will try again down the line.

On the night shift, so no early rising for a bit.

Enjoy the day all!

melski 10-25-2019 05:47 AM

Thanks for the Orchid advice Stargazer!
One of mine looks like it's done blooming completely but I think they are seasonal bloomers?
There are some bud looking things on it and the roots seem ok.
I hate it when plants don't do well...
Happy Friday to you all.

ChloeRose63 10-25-2019 05:59 AM

Up at 4 am but, my tablet lost all it's charge during the night! Uggg!!