SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/442644-early-risers-check-thread-pt-11-a.html)

stargazer016 12-26-2019 12:03 AM

Up at 2:45 am for work.

Feel very tired after running around for two days, but grateful that we have family that wants to see us over the holidays.

Enjoy the day all!

wiscsober 12-26-2019 04:37 AM

Good Morning 0632 Hope everyone had a safe and sober holiday.
For many the holidays continue!
I got to Skype with a couple boys and seen the gkids.
Talk to another boy who was out golfing on Tuesday.
It is dreary, dank, and dark. No snow just muddy brown.
Back to basics today with getting some food in the house, which is challenging, and now that my drive-friendly neighbor is sick, it will be harder.
I'll work on it of course.
My best to all of you. Living life.

lmvalentine 12-26-2019 04:58 AM

5:30 AM

Laid in bed for awhile. It was wonderful to get a solid stretch of sleep in. I was getting a bit loopy from lack of it.
A few errands to run and then Netflix and relaxation.

A good Thursday to everyone.

melski 12-26-2019 05:37 AM

Happy Thursday. Had a quiet but fun Christmas day. Back to job search mode but I suspect many are taking this week and next off. One side effect of a mid-week holiday season.
Looking forward to a new decade.
Have a great day all.

stargazer016 12-27-2019 01:45 AM

Up at 4:25 for work after some coffee and SR.

Enjoy the downtime everyone!

wiscsober 12-27-2019 04:23 AM

Been signing in later than usual, but up early and sober at 0530.
Could not have a peaceful cup of joe and smoke in the butt hut.
Too early for me to deal with negative people...and not just a few...everyone, seemed like a continuation from yesterday.
Good to have SR outlet 24/7.
One absurd moment Xmas eve being offered not just a drink but a plastic cup full of vodka...it was so in my face I just said no and told the guy I've been sober over 3 months. He was polite about...and just left the soup and chicken.
It was so blatant I almost laughed. My goodness that would have killed me.

I wrote about it and was going to make a moral story about it...it was just my sober insurance kicked in.

Everyone have a great day full of recovery.

lmvalentine 12-27-2019 04:28 AM

4:30 ish AM

Woke before alarm after fitful sleep.
Off to work today after a nice long break.

A good Friday to all.

Notch8 12-27-2019 06:00 AM

Weekdays I'm up around 4:30am even though the alarm doesn't go off until 5. Weekends is typically the same. Saturdays I wake up about 5:30-ish. Sundays I may attempt to sleep in to no avail.

Keep in mind I'm in bed by 9pm, might read a little before nodding off.

STDragon 12-27-2019 06:18 AM

Been enjoying a lazy routine lately and as a result, have not been checking in as often. Wiscsober, my understanding is that bells palsy is a very rare condition, but I've known of two other people who've had it.

melski 12-27-2019 06:26 AM

Without the need to wake up early for work, I have tried to shift my schedule and wake up later but am still sleepy by 9 PM. The pup needs to go for potty by a certain time too so there you go.
Thank goodness for coffee!
I just read an article that suggests waking up by 5 AM is a habit of highly successful people. Looks like we are in good company!
Happy Friday all.

wiscsober 12-27-2019 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 7342980)
Been enjoying a lazy routine lately and as a result, have not been checking in as often. Wiscsober, my understanding is that bells palsy is a very rare condition, but I've known of two other people who've had it.

I had it for 1 month quite a few years ago. No permanent damage. My ex had it and she has permanent drooping of the eye. Not much I could do with it except wear an eye patch since I couldn't blink. Mainly a virus causing swelling around a nerve behind the ear.

wiscsober 12-27-2019 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Notch8 (Post 7342967)
Weekdays I'm up around 4:30am even though the alarm doesn't go off until 5. Weekends is typically the same. Saturdays I wake up about 5:30-ish. Sundays I may attempt to sleep in to no avail.

Keep in mind I'm in bed by 9pm, might read a little before nodding off.

Welcome Notch8...a great thread to post and join the early risers.

:grouphug:

stargazer016 12-28-2019 04:38 AM

Welcome Notch8! Glad to have another Pennsylvanian on board.

Work tonight, then actually have a Sunday off. Just might have to watch a little football!

Have a good day all!

lmvalentine 12-28-2019 05:46 AM

6:00 AM

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Twirly brain syndrome!
Snow and cold weather hit but we are thankfully on the outer edge of the storm. Shoveling snow is the pits.

A safe sober Saturday to all.

STDragon 12-28-2019 06:17 AM

8:00 am
Was up at 5:30 am to feed the dog. Saw the movie Joker yesterday. It left me feeling depressed.

wiscsober 12-28-2019 08:06 AM

Checking in much later....slept well...but I should have known another virus had sneaked it's way in despite all hygienic barriers. Oh well. Round 2. A cough and sweaty to start the day. And feeling drowsy.

Might as well get the most I can cleaned and done...I will be prostrate soon watching football.

Thought of Nyquil and that's a big NO. I still have some tablets. And get the humidifier running.

Ok enough drivel. Staying sober for this early riser...100 days of recovery...thanks to you all!

melski 12-28-2019 08:11 AM

Not much new to report but a happy Saturday to all.

STDragon 12-28-2019 10:13 AM

Congrats on 100 days Wiscsober and for rock'n that beard!

wiscsober 12-29-2019 02:09 AM

Slept off and on sitting up. Can't lay on my back or side -- congestion chokes me. I might have got 1 hour at a time. Up at 0330. Recovery thoughts. Have meds. Don't feel extremely bad just enough to be cranky. Fever, joints ache, cough and congestion. Plenty of liquids. Just 1 or 2 smokes.

Glad to be up at this time sober! Go Packers!

Dee74 12-29-2019 02:15 AM

continues here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...d-pt-12-a.html

D