Early Risers Check-in Thread Pt 11

Old 12-16-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Dragon, how severe is your wife's Celiac? Is it just a matter of avoiding gluten ingredients, or can she not have food from shared facilities that process wheat? In this country, a lot of food contains no gluten ingredients, but is processed in shared facilities, which is not always labeled as such.

There are a lot of great gluten free products out there now. Cauliflower is all the rage. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower gnocchi, cauliflower pizza crust, you name it. I hope she does well with the new restrictions.
She was only recently diagnosed so it's a learning curve. There is a certification program here for wheat free facilities, so luckily, quite a number of choices if that becomes a requirement. By law, foods sold here must have a 'May Contain' statement listing all possible allergens. What bugs me are things that are naturally gluten free but packaged differently and sold as gluten free without the certification.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

4:10 AM

Did not go to yoga when I realized it wasn’t a Yin class. Exploring my options with my goofy schedule. Classes with teacher and friend will be on hiatus. Busting out of comfort zone might be good.
DIL helped haul tree and boxes in and I decorated the tree... I’ve always loved to sit and look at the tree. I am glad I stayed home and accomplished that.
Work today and usual routine.
Melski-enjoy your Netflix day and hoping your pooch is better.

Happy Monday to all.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Wonderful posts and great to read everyone is doing well.
Slept in later 0530.
No plans for the day. Normal allowance day...see if I can get some groceries.
HALT and ODAAT
Old 12-16-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Thanks Stargazer016, pup is doing much better today.
Wow it sounds like a really packed schedule and yes this time of year can be so crazy with extra obligations.
Was thinking about the difference between a sober holiday and a not sober one and had the same thoughts.
ChloeRose63, I had cats most of my life and then my first dog fifteen years ago. The dog I have now loves cats so eventually I will adopt one again.
Happy Monday all.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Up at 0415 today.

Last two weeks were crazy busy. Posting here's been sporadic. As I wind down here at work and become officially retired 1 January, I hope to return to checking more often.

A little down or maybe just emotional. With God's help, I'll get thru this.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:29 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Up and really need a cup of coffee! But, this bed is so warm and my cat is asleep beside me...I, unlike her, have respect for the sleeping! Lol
Old 12-17-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

2:45 ish AM

Too darn early today. I’m crashing early tonight for sure!
Busy day off ahead. An appointment before picking friend up for noon meeting. I’m scaling back on my cab service next week for sure also!

Hope we all have a tolerable Tuesday.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Ringo - how excited are you! Holidays and retirement on a holiday! Woohoo!

Up about 0400 and feeling well. Again, for me, simple equation, don't go to bed hungry, take meds before, and go to bed later.

Still need to move my fat butt to the bed instead of couch all of the time.

Even though feeling extremely well I already had several drinking thoughts pop in. I acknowledge them like an itch and made my decision for recovery. Sometimes we are powerless for when urges occur, but always capable furthering our recovery. And, sometimes it's just no we won't drink.

Already had some interesting conversations with several neighbors. Smoke and coffee talk. Even had a brief one in basic Spanish. How are you? Coffee? Goodbye.

Chloe - miss my cat, one reason I've been avoiding the bedroom to sleep, since he was a huge part of that. I'll get over it soon.

Enough, everyone have a grand sober day.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Good morning.
The holidays are emotional and difficult for many. If there are major life changes happening then so much the harder.
Retirements, lay-offs, death, births, ect.
So much pressure to be happy and pressure to spend money. My sister and my Dad both passed during Christmas week and i usually just try and hang on. No real family left but I do have amazing friends.
This will be my first sober holidays and I am experiencing the full blast. Not at all tempted to drink.
Having lunch today with a friend/former co-worker I have not seen in 25 years at least.
Happy Tuesday.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Slept almost nine hours over night. I know that I am physically and mentally exhausted and needed it. I am so much better about listening to my body these days. When I am sore and tired, it's time for a break.

Ringo, I am certain that you are going through a lot of mixed emotions currently. I am sure you will find things to involve yourself with next year.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-17-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

4:15a.m. (It occurred to this morning that I really don't have to get up this early. I might go wild tomorrow and get up 4:30!)

Thanks stargazer.

Wiscsober, an 'AA angel' once suggested to me to "think a drunk, not a drink'. ie, think it all the way through; all the possible consequences and my many 'not yets'.

Melski, how exciting for you, your first sober Christmas and holiday season. Stay close to higher power (and to meetings if you go to them) and you'll be fine. Enjoy!
Old 12-17-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

[QUOTE=Ringo123;7334990]4:15a.m. (It occurred to this morning that I really don't have to get up this early. I might go wild tomorrow and get up 4:30!)

Whoa hold up! baby steps Ringo...
Old 12-18-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Wednesday is dragging but checking in....something quick
Old 12-18-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

5:15 AM

8 hours of sleep! No taxi driving this morning before work. It’s a good morning. I might take a walk on the wild side and not set alarm tonight.

Went splurge shopping yesterday afternoon with DIL to Natural Grocer’s. Old age is being excited over a health food store and looking forward to bath soap on sale.

Happy Wednesday to all.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Oh, boy...the temperature has plunged!
Good day to do some baking! I am watching "The Great British Baking Show" for fun and inspiration!
Old 12-18-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

0705 feel a need to reboot the day....shut down for a bit...moods fine just physically tired.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Good morning, the countdown to Christmas is on. Today I received a package to sent to my address but someone I don't know. Maybe a past resident? It's a box of fancy chocolates, lol.
I have been off sugar almost three weeks... The box is wrapped up so thinking about who I know that might appreciate some nice chocolate.
Happy Wednesday.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The Christmas countdown is truly on.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 12-18-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lmvalentine View Post
5:15 AM

Went splurge shopping yesterday afternoon with DIL to Natural Grocer’s. Old age is being excited over a health food store and looking forward to bath soap on sale.

That was hilarious! So true.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I'm always eyeing my neighbors' packages! Ooh wonder what's in there?