Happiness

Old 11-23-2004, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Happiness

Happiness is not a place to travel to. It's a way of getting there.
--Anonymous

Those of us who climb mountains find joy in reaching the top. However, the climb would not make much sense if there were not things to enjoy on the way up. If we groan and complain, it will be hard to feel joy at the summit. However, if we are able to enjoy each day's journey, it makes all the difference in the world. In the midst of each chore, we can notice the sunset or the unique and beautiful surroundings of each day.

Each of our days is different. Happiness is not a goal we are struggling to reach some time in the future. It is a gift we can give ourselves today. If we enjoy some parts of each day of our hike, we will also feel joy at the summit.

What form will my gift of happiness take today?

Old 11-23-2004, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still hangin` on...

(((((((((Doug))))))))

Thanks for that! Gives me something to think about.....
Old 11-23-2004, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happiness is not a goal we are struggling to reach some time in the future. It is a gift we can give ourselves today.
Wow, thank you for the eye-opener Doug. It's not about "I will be happy IF.." or "I will be happy WHEN.." but instead finding happiness in now, today. I'm taking this one with me today, just as a reminder to be grateful and to be happy in "now".

Hugs
Ann