Respond with serenity

Old 11-20-2004, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Respond with serenity

There is no need to give up your serenity for the sake of getting something accomplished. In fact, accomplishment comes more surely when your efforts are calm and your spirit is peaceful.
Consider how very much more you can get done when your energy is not being sapped away by a frenzied mind. True serenity is not the absence of action, but rather action with integrity, confidence and a steadfastness of purpose.

The world may very well be swirling around you in a constant turmoil. But you don't have to adopt that turmoil as your own.

The more frenzied and hurried life becomes, the more serene and unperturbed you have the opportunity to be. Whatever you can accomplish in a hectic and chaotic state, you can accomplish much more powerfully with peaceful, calm determination.

When you're confronted with turmoil, respond with serenity. It will lift you to a higher level of experience and accomplishment.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When you're confronted with turmoil, respond with serenity. It will lift you to a higher level of experience and accomplishment.
Thanks for the reminder, Doug, just when I need it.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-20-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for that insipiring thought

My mother in law just had a stroke and you know I started to pray on the way to the hospital you know Please dont take her, I am not ready for her to go,,,,, then i thought that is MY WILL not Gods Will and i stopped and went back and asked for FAITH STRENGTH and Courage to deal with his WILL. and for that short time i didnt feel calm or peaceful inside when i was running with what i wanted but when i gave it back to him i did feel that Calmness that i feel every morning that i wake up and didnt have to drink or use the night befoer.. thank you that was great to see that post