Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

Can I suggest that as we now live in a society where allegedly professional organisations. In my experience to include banks,health centers, housing associations and just about any other outside organisation, treat their clients, patients,tenants et al, of which you may be one. As commodities rather than the human beings as they undoubtedly are, that, especially for those in recovery, you do not allow this...at any level.

Recovery is about restoring you as a person which includes restoring your dignity and your integrity...which does not allow for you to be treated as some mindless moron there for others to have at their beck and call, as and when it suits them,usually for their benefit more than yours and for which you ultimately pay!

Some good advice concerning this subject is to be found in the Polish proverb which advises that when others try to drag you into their nonsense you should say to yourself,'Not my circus. Not my monkeys',and keep on repeating this to yourself until sanity is restored.

hat way you'll keep your dignity and integrity maintaining your serenity and equanimity.