Female led relationships.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Female led relationships.

For me, the object of recovery is permanent sobriety leading to equanimity i.e. mental calmness, composure and evenness of temper even in the most difficult situations...

Which is very much reflected in the words of The Serenity Prayer.

On which basis the value, in recovery of for us men and women where appropriate, let's not be sexist of wherever possible, finding yourself n a female led relationship, based on my own personal experience.Regrettably now long since passed, the benefits of which still remain,in a female led relationship cannot be underestimated.

There is a lot of simple pleasure in releasing yourself from the demands of alcohol to the perhaps even less, but no less constructive and life affirming life guided in such a manner. Where daily dose of equanimity can be administered and experienced benefitting both those in recovery and those surrounding them...
Old 11-19-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My wife and I are kind of a funny couple.

She does 80% of the talking, with me taking up the balance (although when I am permitted to speak, it is with a remarkable level of profundity - just kidding on all counts).

And she is much more animated (a delicate, well-chosen word), while I am the calming influence in the relationship (I hope from practicing the steps of AA).

I am extremely protective of my wife, and she is of me.

All in all, we have been very blessed in every respect.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Women empathise, men systemise...

Working on the premise offered in Prof. Simon Baron-Cohen's book,' The Essential Difference' that,' Women empathise and men systemise' that sounds very much exactly as it should be!

Unless you're someone like me, one of those not unique but rare men who has what psychologists jokingly refer to a 'female brain' i.e. high emotional intelligence or empathy.

Which means I puzzle women and disturb men???

Life gets challenging at times...lol. It tends to make me unpopular, still no one likes an alcoholic and I didn't get sober to win a popularity contest, then again neither did I do anything else...