Lest we forget...

Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Lest we forget...

Today, Armistice Day marks the centenary of the end of World War 1, for me it marks the end of a thirty year period. During which time I faced at least four interventions in my personal and professional life caused by the selfish, irresponsible actions and behaviour of others, all of whom many years later were, it was suggested to me by a highly qualified person in this subject suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder.

None of which was helped by my delusional thinking in my 'drinking days', which ended on the 15th Feb., 2008.

These interventions saw me twice, in the 1990's lose everything, other than my son and my ability, so that after the second occasion. I was reduced to living in penury. In a sparsely furnished flat on a 'low demand housing estate, above the local drug dealer. Needless to say, I was still drinking.

The drug dealer, together with other local worthies, we got evicted. If nothing else I was at the time, 'high functioning alcoholic'.

Having regard to all the circumstances leading up to this day both in terms of world events and those, personally for me, a bit closer to home. I'm reminded of what Cark Sandberg said, 'A society,( or individual, my words) that forgets where it came from. Will destroy itself.'

Which is why, even to this day I would rather go through life sober believing I'm an alcoholic. Rather than drunk trying to convince I'm not.

Lest we forget...