Problem with Fresh Start Narconon?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Problem with Fresh Start Narconon?

My son and I recently paid $33,000 so my son could be admitted to Fresh Start Programs in Nevada for his Heroin addiction. The program sounded great and they told us and the web site said he could continue to take his non-narcotic prescription meds for depression. He was picked up by their staff. Over the next three weeks he was moved 4 times between Nevada and California. They never allowed him to get any type of medication for his depression or anxiety. Even after he visited a doctor who recommended them. The staff told my son and me that if he left the program he would be given a large refund so he could attend a treatment program that allows medication. He felt really bad so they sent him to a local hospital but apparently did not check on him or have anyone from the hospital notify them when he was released. He just walked out. Fresh Start could not tell me where he was and they did not know (or seem to care). He of course, relapsed and disappeared for several weeks. I expressed my frustration with his lack of treatment and misinformation we received. It is then I found out Fresh Start was part of Narconon. They also said I was not allowed any type of refund. I feel we were given a sales pitch and the actual treatment was very different. We feel his treatment was provided only by addicts that were in recovery rather than trained professionals. Being moved around so much did not allow him to establish any relationships or get comfortable. And he was not allowed to take his meds and was almost encouraged to leave as he would get a "refund". Very disappointed in Fresh Start and Narconon and their poor oversight of my son when he went to the hospital. I would never send anyone to Fresh Start again.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is terrible.

I do not know them, but totally unacceptable.

I would see if there are any lawyers who do this kind of thing pro bono and for a low price, they should not get away with this!
Old 02-12-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This sounds horrible.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

omg this is terrible, feel sad to hear that...