Happy Halloween!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2004, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Be good to one another!

Happy Halloween!!!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone....... spent my first Hallowen (sat.) ever!!! not drinking. Yippy!

Went to a great meeting this morning.... The topic was denial. It never occured to me that I was an alcoholic. Yes I was always around the bar or the drinks table. I might not get enough.....

Would throw up every single time...... but that wasn't a problem, was It? I never had any consequences. Never went to jail, lost my job..... yada yada....

But reading the book "Dry" it hit me like a ton of bricks what I was in denial about the most. I lost alot of time! Doing nothing except living for the weekend and my next party.... What DENIAL.

The list goes on but working hard to get back the joy! have a great life.
What are some of the areas of denial in your life?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

(((heynup)))

Glad to hear you're spending Halloween sober. Me too, the first I can remember in a long time. Now that I've quit drinking, I've slowly been able to cross things off my list and my areas of denial are slim. A few more check marks and I'm good to go. My denial was centered around my alcoholism. Eliminate that from my life and I see things much clearer. I now see things for what they are. Real instead of a concoction of denial, fabrication, imagination, confusion, insecurity and fear. I'm becoming familiar again with joy as an emotion I recognize, something that had become long forgotten. Enjoy your sober day...

LeAnne