Strength in serenity

Old 10-30-2004, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Strength in serenity

Step back from the noise and confusion. You are not a part of it, and it does not have to consume you.
In serenity, there is strength. Staying calm, when confusion and chaos surround you, keeps you firmly in control.

Many things can trigger an impulse to react, an urgent desire to do something immediately. Hurried reactions, though, are usually not the most effective.

By staying calm, you can respond with much more power and positive focus. By staying calm, instead of letting events scatter your attention in a thousand different directions, you remain in control.

Staying calm does not mean that you're doing nothing. It means that you're responding with purpose, rather than with panic.

When turmoil arises, meet it with serenity. And you'll put yourself in a position of real power.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Staying calm does not mean that you're doing nothing. It means that you're responding with purpose, rather than with panic.
Doug, have you been peeking in my window? :saywhat?: My recovery, or lack of it, has been teaching me many lessons lately, one of which is to stop panicing and to act insteat of react. The worst of me needs to listen to the best of me, and I need to stop in my tracks when panic or fear start triggering me. I want my serenity back, and I know that there's only one way to get it. Back to Step 1.

Thank you for posting what I need to read.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-30-2004, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doug

Old 10-30-2004, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doug is peeking in my windows too. And his avatar? He took that picture on my patio.
The passage above has been copied, printed and placed on my wall of quotes. I need to read that at least once a day. Thanks Doug.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Another one for my recovery archives.....thanks Doug