My 1st year sober

Old 10-25-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My 1st year sober

Just turned 30 years old in August which was my 1st sober birthday in 10 years and I am now officially 1 year sober. I haven't had a drink nor have I thought about it. It is amazing how fast time flies by. Feels like just the other day I was going through withdrawals. I still think about those dark days often...How bad I let my drinking get and thinking I was just having a good time. I know if I didn't quit then it would be the end of me and sometimes I still feel like it is. I still struggle with a lot in my life mostly my body. Some days I feel great and others I just don't feel like myself. I feel disconnected from my body. It's a really strange feeling almost like I am not even here. I've been to the doctor several times and everything always comes back perfect. I eat healthy, run and workout and yet I am still always tired. Not sure what's going on I am hoping the longer my sobriety the better I feel. Time shall tell
Old 10-25-2017, 01:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a year. Inspiring post. I relate to feeling disconnected, I found it gradually passed and I felt more connection with the world around me.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on a year. I"m sure what you're experiencing is "normal". One thing I am discovering is that a "year", while it means a lot to us who get there, is really such a short period of time in a life of sobriety. Here's to year 2!
Old 10-25-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on one year smckay

I hope that you'll lose that disconnected feeling in your second year- if not, tho, maybe a therapist coulsd be an another option?

D
Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey sMckay, I was just reading the very first thread I started when I first joined SR. You had posted on that thread that you had just quit too, so i though I'd look you up and see how you've done. Wow a year too hu? Well a big congratulatons to you! Keep up the good work. The rest of your life will thank you for it.