An enormous sense of freedom!

Old 07-22-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

An enormous sense of freedom!

On the premise of and having regard to all the circumstances, using a quote from Richard Bach, author of 'Jonathon Livingston Seagull'. A character I was once, even in my drinking days, once identified with, ' Letting the world live as it chooses. Allowing yourself to live as you choose.'

Which brings with it,n even though I'm now seventy and 3445 days sober, an enormous sense of freedom! From which I believe, anyone of any age who has like me 'suffered under the lash of John Barleycorn' can and will, in recovery not only benefit but attain a happy and fulfilling life in ways never imagined...

Benefiting them and their environment, often found by sharing their experience, strength and hope with others.

Alcoholism is often referred to as 'The Disease of Ignorance' or 'Perception' recovery brings an enormous sense of freedom which you can't buy or fake and few, other than those who like me suffer from it will experience but from which all will benefit!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Early days for me Red, but I am aware and have come out of my corner fighting the good fight.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A day at a time...

Sometimes some, often ill informed people think the phrase 'A day at a time' sounds so trite, but honestly on reflection, they slip past, seemingly effortlessly. Perhaps reflected in the following,

'The time assigned to us is limited. f you do not use it to free yourself, it is gone and will never return.' - Marcus Aurelius

'Begin at once to live, and count each day as a separate life.' - Seneca