A dramatically different tomorrow...

Old 06-08-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A dramatically different tomorrow...

With a general election taking place today ( Thurs.,8th of June) in the UK my thoughts turned to the same event in 2015 when the Scottish National Party 'wiped the board' with the electorate taking most of the parliamentary seats long held by other parties and their Members of Parliament.

One of which was Charles Kennedy, a highly respected individual, known for his geniality and wit who once said,' I bam a fully paid up member of the human race.'

Who, on his own admission had,as many of us did, a 'drinking problem and following his defeat went on a three day 'drinking binge' resulting in a brain hemorrhage attributed due to alcoholism. A great man, sadly missed by many.

With this and both my own and others recovery in mind it made me think of this,

' The smallest turn today will take you to a dramatically different tomorrow.' - found in Richard Bach's,'Messiah's Handbook - Reminders for the Advanced Soul.'

And the fact that , in recovery, that smallest turn can work both ways, as it did for me and countless others, leading to a dramatically different tomorrow, that now is today...and, a day at a time, providing we keep taking the small turns, go on doing so...