Keeping your balance ...

Old 04-23-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Keeping your balance ...

Any experienced mountaineer will tell you the secret in pursuing this activity is to keep and maintain your balance, as in life itself. Which also explains why when undertaken in groups they rope themselves together, primarily for safety reasons and to assist them in keeping their bearings.

The only problem I had in pursuing the suggested 12 Step program of recovery outlined in the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous' was in dealing with those , both personally and professionally who, by their selfish and irresponsible actions and behaviour, my drinking, as a 'high functioning alcoholic' together with my son. To endure great pain and suffering above and beyond my drinking.

I found the answer in forgiveness, done on the basis that it's ok to forgive the person, you don't have to forgive their actions towards you!

Perhaps underlined by the Buddhist saying,'Any compassion that does not include yourself is incomplete.'

Now that's what I call'keeping your balance.'....
Old 04-23-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post, funny you bring up Forgiveness and forgiving ourselves first which I believe we need to look at in order to forgive others, I can tell you it took months of counseling in my case before I got there but what freedom when I did after myself I made a list, one at a time I would start and end my day forgiving a specific person, when I came to the point that I thought of that person with no resentment then I moved on to the next.

Have a great weekend
Andrew